Heritage Owners Club

New Centurion Vid

FredZepp

I just picked up a new Camcorder, Black Friday deals and all, and have made a better quality vid of the Centurion.

No music on this one, just the guitar itself. I am hopeing the video quality is pretty good.

But.... after downloading, I notice that the aspect ratio is wrong for youtube... Oh well , it still works.... captures the back quilting nicely.

Heritage Centurion Vid >>> the guitar and features >>>

gallery_1051_3_24645.jpg

Nicely done, Fred. Just like the Discovery Channel :huh:

I didn't catch the aspect ratio until you got down to the body. Then it was 'my, what big pickups you have'. So much detail on that guitar! Very cool.

Fred - I just love that guitar! I look forward to seeing it in person next summer.

Thank you for the video :huh:

It seems that my vid is made for a wider screen... so it is "squished" a bit. ( the aspect ratio )

Funny though... it makes this enormous guitar seem normal sized....

That is until the end ... when I turn the guitar sideways and the reality is plain to see.. :huh: ..

I wonder if that floating bridge's base was a leftover from when Heritage made the higher end Gretsches? I believe those did appear on a few. Could be wrong. Willing to bet I am. haha.

There could be some truth in that... I'll have to re-read what the notes that came with it say..

You know , it's weird ...how hard it is to speak and film at the same time. Like chewing gum and riding a bike or something..

I hope I can get better at doing it.... just a different version of multi-tasking..

gallery_1051_3_4630.jpg

Are you planning on getting the aspect ratio thing figured out? I do production/post production for a living so let me know if you need help. Should be easy to find a tutorial online for ya!

That aside, I have to say that the original auction pics did not do that guitar justice at all. It is simply stunning!

Are you planning on getting the aspect ratio thing figured out? I do production/post production for a living so let me know if you need help. Should be easy to find a tutorial online for ya!

That aside, I have to say that the original auction pics did not do that guitar justice at all. It is simply stunning!

Thanks for the offer, nice to know that we have a media guy here... :thumbsup:

I have already switched the ratio on the camcorder... we'll see with the next vid post...

I agree that the former owner should have posted vids... or better pics..

Or maybe a Gruhn appraisal .....

Archived