Heritage Owners Club

heritage headstock shape

bebove64

hallo everybody,

first of all I apologize for my bad english,I'm from Venice Italy.

Ok, Well I've been playing jazz since 1990 and trust me heritage archtops are fabulous(I've a 575,a really great guitar !), even better than a 175 (this is my personal point of view!).the only weak point is the headstock shape,lots of musicians don't like it! and that's why they don't buy heritage guitars ;in fact , for me,it is too unusual!Can you image if they 'd have a more common form like gibson,ibanez,etc? thousands more guitars would be sold! do yuo agree with me?At Kalamazoo they should know it.................

thanks

bebove

rock's great,Jazz's all!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hallo everybody,

Ok, Well I've been playing jazz since 1990 and trust me heritage archtops are fabulous(I've a 575,a really great guitar !), even better than a 175 (this is my personal point of view!).the only weak point is the headstock shape,lots of musicians don't like it! and that's why they don't buy heritage guitars ;in fact , for me,it is too unusual!Can you image if they 'd have a more common form like gibson,ibanez,etc? thousands more guitars would be sold! do yuo agree with me?At Kalamazoo they should know it.................

thanks

bebove

rock's great,Jazz's all!

Welcome to the HOC, Bebove64!

Your English is just fine. Much better than my Italian...which is limited to ordering Italian food! :)

We've discussed the Heritage headstock controversy many times on this board.

Here is a link to one of the more recent and lengthy threads...

Heritage Headstock Discussion

I don't think the factory should stop at changing the headstock shape. They should change their name, too. This is no time for half-measures, either. Imagine how many thousands more guitars they would sell every week if they went back to being "The Gibson!"

I don't think the factory should stop at changing the headstock shape. They should change their name, too. This is no time for half-measures, either. Imagine how many thousands more guitars they would sell every week if they went back to being "The Gibson!"

Why stop there? I say they change the body style too! Look more like Fender. :) A blend of Gibson and Fender. Call it... Gender.

Yes, this illogical topic has been around before, but because I enjoy blowing the Heritage horn, I'm going to act like I haven't seen this before. For my money, I love the Heritage headstock. I like it that Heritage came up with something fully functional as well as just a little different. Even though they are in the original Gibson factory, being made by a few ex-Gibson employees, they took guitars to a higher level and are not clones or rehashes. If you want a Gibson, buy a Gibson. But please don't tear my Heritage playhouse down!

Yes. I would just quit if I were Heritage, or move my operations to another place, maybe someplace in Tennessee.

I do not buy Izod shirts because of the little gator they sew on them. I do not eat Domino's Pizza because I do not like dominos. I will not buy a Mercedes because of the hood ornament. Glock firearms do not shoot well because they are made of plastic. Casio watches are only digital, therefore do not tell time well.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the HOC bebove.

Sorry for my first post on this thread. I thought you were some one I knew(Heritage owner) just coming in to troll and wind everyone up after reading the various other post's and reactions about the head stock.

I like the head stock by the way.

hallo everybody,

thanks

bebove

rock's great,Jazz's all!

Check out my wonderful 'headstock' thread that's been linked above and you'll see where most here stand on this topic. My advice is just smile and nod as you head towards the exit. DO NOT turn your back on them though as they are a swarthy bunch! ;)

I'll pm you a link to a thread I started elsewhere. It's a pretty interesting read with a wide range of opinions.

Hope this thread doesn't turn you off to joining the discussions here. It's a great place to hang, just watch out for the purple kool aid! :)

Oh, for Fuck's sake!!! Really?

Are we going there again?

I think Italy is shaped wrong. Looks too much like a boot. Italians don't wear boots, as much as they eat pasta. Can somone please re-shape Italy to look like Farfalle?

If Italy was shaped more like food rather than expensive footwear, I think more people would be interested in Italy.

People flock to Greece. Let's re-shape Italy so it is more respected in the international community. Greece has had it's day.

I'd rather a big plate of pasta over a baklava any day of the week.

Who is with me!!! Speak up. Maybe we could start a poll?

Italy's shape is for suckers.

And one last post on this headstock crap.

When will Heritage owners just "man up" and tell Gibby elitist to kiss our collective asses!

Gibby, you got the headstock, but we got the original plant, original machines, and the original handmade craftsmanship.

It is time for US to stop this crazy talk about changing headstocks and start defending OUR rightful place in HISTORY.

MAN UP PEOPLE AND GROW A SET!

Archived