Heritage Owners Club

'Bout to blow ya'lls minds...yep, it's ANOTHER headstock thread!

Jazzpunk

Check this out!!!

p5_ult2bi2ne_so.jpg

p1_u1bqfgjop_so.jpg

From this gbase listing:

CUSTOM SWEET 16

That is one wild headstock (though it's no Centurion!). Love the truss rod cover. Anyone ever seen anything like this?! Just when you thought you had me with the tradition thing I throw you a curve lol. :thumbsup:

Love finding these one of a kind Heritage guitars! Anyone know anything more about this beauty?

p6_uf3nlamc3_so.jpg

No serial # or Heritage made in Kalamazoo etc. Maybe it literally was customised by the previous owner ?

========================

"Description: Custom SWEET 16 -all solid woods This was customized by the late Jazz Guitar Great Lenny Argese- New Gibson finger tailpiece, and custom shaped headstock, painted back, Rosewood bound pickguard, floating Tom Doyle pickup - 17 degree peghead pitch,25 1/2" scale, 20 fret bound ebony board with mop split block inlays, 5 piece curly maple neck, head veneer with mop Heritage and Sweet 16, 23/4" rim, 16" body, 20 1/4" length, solid carved multiple white bound spruce top, and solid carved multiple white bound maple back, and curly maple rim, single cutaway."

========================

Again, Mike way to come through on the historical relevance.

That headstock looks fine for archtops, but would look fugly on a solid body (like a 150). Just my opinion......

Again, Mike way to come through on the historical relevance.

That headstock looks fine for archtops, but would look fugly on a solid body (like a 150). Just my opinion......

Yeah John, that headstock is a compliment on an archtop but wouldn't work on a solidbody.

Archived