Heritage Owners Club

Just discoverd this on my H-157!

ronalr

Maybe I should have known this...but I am getting old and senile :o ...... I changed strings today and just noticed that my treble volume knob on the 1990 157 goes to 11 :wub: .....is this stock on this model or was it changed for a joke???....it is only the treble volume....I mean I cracked up when I saw 11 on it...had a Spinal Tap moment ;) I don't think I have ever seen a volume knob with 11 on it, and I have been playing since 1964!!!.....anybody else have this? Is it a Heritage thing....I have only been playing Heritages since 2006..

Thanks

Those went out for a while. The supplier sent them the 11 knobs, it took a while for them to notice. They are getting the normal 10 knobs again now. There were a few that went out with those on them.

Disclosure: I work at a Heritage dealer, and we deal with the supplier of those knobs. I knew about it before the folks in Kalamazoo noticed. :-}

Those went out for a while. The supplier sent them the 11 knobs, it took a while for them to notice. They are getting the normal 10 knobs again now. There were a few that went out with those on them.

Disclosure: I work at a Heritage dealer, and we deal with the supplier of those knobs. I knew about it before the folks in Kalamazoo noticed. :-}

DeLorean, Welcome to the HoC. Always nice to have insiders dishing the dirt for us. :worthless:

Well, it's one treblier then, isn't it ?

:o

DeLorean, Welcome to the HoC. Always nice to have insiders dishing the dirt for us. :worthless:

:o

I've been lurking here for a long time, I had to jump in on this one. As well as working on them and selling them, I am a big fan of Heritage. I did think the 11 knobs were funny, and I am surprised it took this long for one to get noticed outside the factory.

isn't that the end of the scene?

"couldn't you just make 10 louder?"

"This one goes to 11"

That is such a great scene though.

"don't touch it... don't even look at it"

I wonder if the store that supplied all of those guitars is still around. they were listed in the credits but I'm too lazy to get out my dvd to look.

isn't that the end of the scene?

"couldn't you just make 10 louder?"

"This one goes to 11"

That is such a great scene though.

"don't touch it... don't even look at it"

I wonder if the store that supplied all of those guitars is still around. they were listed in the credits but I'm too lazy to get out my dvd to look.

Norman's Rare Guitars , if I remember correctly..... they had something on ebay not long ago.

I've been lurking here for a long time, I had to jump in on this one. As well as working on them and selling them, I am a big fan of Heritage. I did think the 11 knobs were funny, and I am surprised it took this long for one to get noticed outside the factory.

Thanks for that info DeLorean....that is interesting...... I have only had this guitar for about 3 weeks now and just got around to changing the strings...that is when I noticed it...did a double take and started laughing out loud...pretty cool though......I am turning 60 in march and my eyes can't focus on those little numbers while playing...I guess that is why I did not see it .....but I never heard of this before so I wouldn't' have been looking any way...now I have to go through all my guitars to see if I have another B) ....kind of like hitting the lottery ;)

Thanks for that info DeLorean....that is interesting...... I have only had this guitar for about 3 weeks now and just got around to changing the strings...that is when I noticed it...did a double take and started laughing out loud...pretty cool though......I am turning 60 in march and my eyes can't focus on those little numbers while playing...I guess that is why I did not see it .....but I never heard of this before so I wouldn't' have been looking any way...now I have to go through all my guitars to see if I have another :wacko_mini2: ....kind of like hitting the lottery :crazy_mini:

They actually had those 11 knobs at the factory for a couple months before they noticed it and asked about it (and got 10 knobs again...). We figured most of the eyes at the factory were older than yours (well, we didn't use you as the comparison at the time... ;-}) as the reason it took that long to be discovered.

I got a few of the 11 knobs for some of my own guitars, just for fun. I can point out where to find them, ask in private so I can avoid it looking like spamming (I'll point to the supplier rather than the store where I work, too).

interesting . . . also they took that long to realize it, or was it they noticed and left it as a novelty? i'm also laughing at the spinal tap quotes.

Archived