Heritage Owners Club

H137 TV Price

TruckbodyJones

Hi guys , what do you consider an average price for a new H137 TV . I inquired about one on Jay wolfes site and he quoted me 1600 . That seemed like a lot for a fat slab of mahogany . I have a couple of Heritages , love them. Not complaining about Jay . I really appreciate his inventory and service . That just seemed a bit high for the 137 (maybe it's not ,I don't know what they list for ) Thanks , have an awesome day . Lonnie

When I was in the market for a P-90 guitar, I ended up with one of these, and couldn't be happier:

Hamer Special '93 with SD P-90s and special dealer-only color Candy Apple Red.

hamer.jpg

I Have to admit that is one sweet looking Hamer!!

Hi guys , what do you consider an average price for a new H137 TV . I inquired about one on Jay wolfes site and he quoted me 1600 . That seemed like a lot for a fat slab of mahogany . I have a couple of Heritages , love them. Not complaining about Jay . I really appreciate his inventory and service . That just seemed a bit high for the 137 (maybe it's not ,I don't know what they list for ) Thanks , have an awesome day . Lonnie

that's a little rich for my blood too..Very Sweet axes..Especially with the Lollars, but unless I get a serious raise I'll be playing my 140 for a long time to come..(Not that that is a bad thing) -_-

I think that price is right in the ball park for a new 137. I was dealing on a fancier one and it was more money as would be expected. I saw a dealer sell a slightly beat up floor model on Ebay for $1,200. Most of the used ones I have seen go for between $1,000 and $1,200.

I Have to admit that is one sweet looking Hamer!!
Definitely is! Plays great too, and I have a friend for it on the way. Hamers, like heritage, are well made, and the used market has a lot of really well-taken care of instruments, mainly because the average person hasn't heard of Hamer or Heritage, so they don't get bought by people who don't give a damn who end up getting Gibsons and Fenders, and then beating the heck out of them. I don't know how good the Lollar P90s are, but the seymour duncan versions are pretty sweet.

Gibbons custom shop 1960 Special is $2,799 so that 137 is still $1,200 less and built without exploiting the workers. So yes that's a great price! I paid a little more than that for my Korina two years ago.

The 137 is most likely the least expensive new heritage.

When I was in the market for a P-90 guitar, I ended up with one of these, and couldn't be happier:

Hamer Special '93 with SD P-90s and special dealer-only color Candy Apple Red.

hamer.jpg

I understand what you mean. I had a chance to pick up this PRS Soapbar Maple top DC for a good price and jumped on it. Korean made under contract for PRS. a very nice axe, played it for 3+ hrs. on New Years Eve, thru a nice handbuilt Fender clone amp by our own Wingnut1 and I must say I liked it a lot.

BUT...I would love to have a slab of mahogany with a couple P90s on it made on Parsons St. so one of these days...

The answer to the original q: was why would someone buy a H137, and I say because they like the sound of those single-coil pickups on a slab of wood, especially if it comes from Parson's St.

http://davesguitar.com/paul-reed-smith/se-...-maple-7125.asp

The candy red Hamer looks really nice, I had a Korean built PRS and it was twice the guitar that the cheapest USA G brand models are. One thing I m finding out quickly is that in the USA you have far better selection of good instruments and prices that are sensible than we have in the UK and Europe. 5n my earlier post on this thread where I said a G brand model would be less expensive than the Heiritage, I was not referring to the Gibson custom shop or reissue models that are more expensive. I was thinking of the les paul junior/special that you can buy cheaper. But I have to say it is not a good guitar in my opinion.

How much did the candy Hamer cost?

dare I say this - the g brand will offer a cheaper alternatave....

Thanks for the help guys . I appreciate it . Seems like I will either be looking for an alternative p-90 guitar or a used one . GC has 1960 reissue LP's for 1600....carved maple tops. As I said I have two Heritages so I can appreciate the brand and quality....and I'd like to support them but 1600 for a mahogany non carved guitar is just too much for my pocketbook. As another poster said .....I can get a 150 for 2000 . Thanks for the input .Lonnie

Archived