Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Endorsees

Gitfiddler

In show biz, there's an old expression that says:  "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Well, if you're in the guitar selling business, you better hope someone who earns their living as a pro guitarist says something nice about your products.

Just thought I'd start a thread about some of the Heritage endorsees.  Feel free to join in.

I enjoy reading about some of Heritage endorsees on their website links.  Some are famous and others are new to me.  It's all good however.  Once, while trolling through my favorite guitar shop in Berkeley, Calif, (Blue Note Music), I ran into Heritage endorsee, Calvin Keyes ripping on a custom made Golden Eagle!  Mimi Fox is another endorsee who is making quite a splash in jazz circles.  In another thread, I mentioned Kenny Burrell.  Man, would I like to take a class or two from that master!

Anyone ever hear about Doc Dosco?  Seems he is a Canadian transplant who now works in the LA music scene.  He has some interesting thoughts about Heritage guitars that you guys might find interesting.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/Featured%20A...Doc%20Dosco.htm

http://guitarsite.com/hotlicks/about1982.html

Any other Heritage endorsee you'd like to discuss?

:)

Interesting article from Doc Dosco. I'm not into jazz guitar; mostly rock/blues music and solid body guitars.

I've read elsewhere that Heritage endorsees are "fleeing in droves." Must be a rumor started by Ed Roman!

That was an interesting post (on the guitarsite.com forum) from Doc.  I've never heard of him, but it looks like he's played on a lot of sessions.  I found it interesting that there was a quote in there that the factory was six months backordered.  That was in MAY 06, so things certainly haven't gotten any worse for them (in reference to the "fleeing in droves" thing).  ;)

i hope that in 08 i can run for contention in their hard rock category as that department is kinda thin! hey i'm young and good looking. why not! oh yeah i play well too! ;D

Not that it's worth anything... but you get my vote!

thanks! i was telling one of the gentleman at heritage in a great phone convo i had this past winter that that if i can haul ass w/ my 3 new bands- i hope to push heritage in lots of young faces.

the current raunch n roll/punk n roll scene is 'g' brand dominated, so to sling the real deal on my hip and show the kids something better and COOLER would be really neat!

i think the closest thing theyve got is mark slaughter.

nice guy but they need more rock in their clientelle!

we ARE guitaristsafter all so- compensating brain function in 3 bands has compromised ancillary body functions like walking and coherent speach!  ;D

one band is more punk rock n roll

another is 70s cock rock

the other is heavy progressive soul rock- that's one of the most challenging.

btwn the sing and myself (a good friend of mine) we draw influences from everything from meshuggah to richie havens!!

i went through a period where NOTHING was going on so right now i'm soaking it all in.

who knows-i could be bandless again tomorrow!  :P

I agree with thundersteel about the Ed Roman thing. I see on his website now that he's saying that every single one of his guitar techs threatened to quit unless he dropped Heritage. He also claims that Heritage bought the plek machine and "doesn't even bother to use it"  The truth is that Heritage fired Roman as a dealer. The first one they've ever done that to.  Tells you quite a bit about his credibility.

Wasn't he also busted for re-topping PRS guitars?  And, didn't he lose a court case where he sold someone a "Les Paul" but it turned out to be a Gibson neck on a Roman body?  And then there was the apology/retraction he had to post on his web site as the result of another (libel, I think) law suit. 

But, back to the topic, how about this guy's talent:P

I agree with thundersteel about the Ed Roman thing. I see on his website now that he's saying that every single one of his guitar techs threatened to quit unless he dropped Heritage. He also claims that Heritage bought the plek machine and "doesn't even bother to use it"   The truth is that Heritage fired Roman as a dealer. The first one they've ever done that to.  Tells you quite a bit about his credibility.

Ed Roman?  Credibility?  Two words that should never go together!

FWIW I don't think Heritage is the only one tp drop Ed like a hot potato:  Suhr, G&L, Melancon to name a few.  Does he sell new PRS's or only used or fake ones?  Does he sell new or only used Hamers?

I don't know if I posted it here or elsewhere, but a guy I know recently ordered a Quicksilver, custom options and all, from Ed.  After the sellout/move thing.  I couldn't believe it, but he seems to like the dealing with him.  Different strokes, I guess.

OK, back on topic...here is a link to Heritage artist, Calvin Keyes, jazz guitarist extraordinaire.  He lives in the SF Bay Area, plays a Heritage Golden Eagle...and is an all around class act.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/Featured%20A...%20Heritage.htm

Here is a great quote from Mr. Keyes:

"The Blues is our creation, built upon brothers and sisters making steady contributions to the music. This music was a release from all the pressures we’ve endured as people. So when we express ourselves, we hold nothing back. Music takes many shapes and forms…. If you look around you and play all you see, you will be playing music from now on. My music comes from my experiences, good and bad. I try to express the love I have for the world in which we live, and the beauty of being. I consider myself blessed to be able to do that."

"I've been playing for over 45 years. And whenever I pick up this guitar, it's a love affair."

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, I wanted to ressusitate this old thread because I just picked up a MIMI FOX CD..."Kicks" and it is incredible!!

No, MIMI FOX is incredible!  I'd be willing to bet that Joe Pass and Wes Montgomery would be very proud of this superb artist.

Her 1999 CD "Kicks" features Mimi on various Heritage guitars, Joey DeFrancesco on (what else!) Hammond B3, Russell Ferrante, Charlie Hunter, Will Kennedy and vocalist, Angela Bofill.

If you have any desire to check out today's great jazz guitarists, you have to give Mimi a listen.

Here's her site for anyone interested:

http://www.mimifoxjazzguitar.com/biography.html

And if you have other Heritage endorsees you would like to mention here, please feel free.

Cheers!  8)

i hope that in 08 i can run for contention in their hard rock category as that department is kinda thin! hey i'm young and good looking. why not! oh yeah i play well too! ;D

Young and good looking... !!!

What you doing hanging round here with us bunch of ugly old farts... :rolleyes:

If you ain't got a bus pass, you ain't welcome round these parts.... Go get your own forum... leave us to dwindle off in to the twilight realm of our pensioners thoughts... ;D ;D ;D

Young and good looking... !!!

What you doing hanging round here with us bunch of ugly old farts... :rolleyes:

If you ain't got a bus pass, you ain't welcome round these parts.... Go get your own forum... leave us to dwindle off in to the twilight realm of our pensioners thoughts... ;D ;D ;D

Speak for yourself cosmik.

I'll have you know I'm a sprightly 45 year old.

You must be knockin' on heavens door yourself.

:bootyshake:  :pottytrain1:

;D ;D ;D ;D

ps... these new smilies are great  :toothy9:

• 4 months later...

OK guys, I promise this is the last time I'll bring back the Lazarus thread.  :)

But I KNOW there are more Heritage endorsees out there that we simply do not know about.

If you do know of one that has not already been mentioned in this old thread, feel free to drop a name.

And I promise to not bring out the defibrillator paddles for this thread again.  8)

Archived