Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Endorsees

Gitfiddler

Do you think the Skolnick deal will go?  It would be great for Heritage.  Skolnick has been using them for quite some time now.  It's cool that he plays them in so many different genres.  Metal, Jazz, and the orchestra stuff.  I think it shows the versatility of the guitars very well.

Do you think the Skolnick deal will go?  It would be great for Heritage.  Skolnick has been using them for quite some time now.  It's cool that he plays them in so many different genres.  Metal, Jazz, and the orchestra stuff.  I think it shows the versatility of the guitars very well.

It's all about the "jack" and he (or his agent ) wants more! I say "screw him".

Here an endorsee I have taken a class from. He is a class act.

I've seen him live a few times. He puts on a great show.

http://videos.mlive.com/annarbornews/2008/...lawrence_1.html

http://www.wccnet.edu/flashvideos/index.ph...sic-performance

Vince Lewis is an incredible jazz player, very accessible (he lurks on HOC all the time), and a first class guy.

Roy Clark, Kenny Burrell, Vince Lewis- everyone wants to make money, but these guys are loyal to a great product when they could make more money elsewhere.

I don't think agents are the best thing sometimes.  They seem to do more harm than good.  I don't understand.  If I liked a particular guitar and I had been playing it for years already, then I would be happy to have an endorsement deal.  Who cares how much you get paid.  Dave Mustaine played Jackson forever under a contract and never saw a dime.  Jim Root from Slipknot has played Fender Tele's since the beginning and just got an endorsement this year.  I read an article from him that stated he didn't care about the money, he just loves Tele's.  OK. That's my rant......  Sorry. :mumum: :mumum: :mumum:

I don't think agents are the best thing sometimes.  They seem to do more harm than good.  I don't understand.  If I liked a particular guitar and I had been playing it for years already, then I would be happy to have an endorsement deal.  Who cares how much you get paid.  Dave Mustaine played Jackson forever under a contract and never saw a dime.  Jim Root from Slipknot has played Fender Tele's since the beginning and just got an endorsement this year.  I read an article from him that stated he didn't care about the money, he just loves Tele's.  OK. That's my rant......  Sorry. :mumum: :mumum: :mumum:

I don't think Roy Clark has seen a dime from Heritage (other than the guitars). I think Ren told me that once.

He believes in the product and plays them. I say him live in 2003ish and he can flat out play.

I thought Ren said at the tour that their endorser's don't get free guitars and they don't get paid. The deal is that they get to buy the instrument at factory cost and that's it. Which I thought was a great program.

I think Roy Clark is a good friend and a big name so I think they made an exception for him (in as he got his axes for free).

I think Ren told me they do pay Kenny Burrell a very meager wage.

I too heard what Ren said about endorsers, but I think he was referring to the guys that are just listed in the catalog as Heritage players, not artist with actual signature guitars. I find it hard to believe that they would charge Alex Skolnick, Kenny Burrell, Roy Clark, or Henry Johnson to them their signature guitar to gig with.

Archived