Heritage Owners Club

150 Natural with Gbrand patent #'s

slider313

Short of ordering another set of pickups from Tom; pun intended, I decided to install my set of late 70's Gbrand patent #'s in my 150. I had a set of Smits Classic Coils in it, and they sounded good, but I like a more transparent/low wind pickup. These read 7.21K and 7.27K and I have no idea what type of magnets are in these; they just sound good! I believe the Smits are 7.2K and 8.3K.

Picture1134.jpg

Yea, I guess it's OK if you are into beautiful guitars and all......

MY GOODNESS THAT 150 IS THE BOMB, MIKE!!!!!

Short of ordering another set of pickups from Tom; pun intended, I decided to install my set of late 70's Gbrand patent #'s in my 150. I had a set of Smits Classic Coils in it, and they sounded good, but I like a more transparent/low wind pickup. These read 7.21K and 7.27K and I have no idea what type of magnets are in these; they just sound good! I believe the Smits are 7.2K and 8.3K.

Picture1134.jpg

Aside from that delicious looking flamer, I bet those G-brand p'ups are T-Tops or even Shaws. Did you check for the Pat. on the bottoms?

T-Tops are slowly gaining respect in the cork-sniffing pickup crowd.

Whatever they are, how about a mini-review?

Oh, and once again, nice lookin' gitfiddle!!

Picture1134.jpg

Nice one. A natural finish 150 is just :huh:

Aside from that delicious looking flamer, I bet those G-brand p'ups are T-Tops or even Shaws. Did you check for the Pat. on the bottoms?

T-Tops are slowly gaining respect in the cork-sniffing pickup crowd.

Whatever they are, how about a mini-review?

Oh, and once again, nice lookin' gitfiddle!!

I don't think they're T tops or Shaws. I cracked one open and there was no "T". Both bobbins were black and the spacer, between the bobbin and baseplate, was white plastic. I think Shaws have numbers other than the patent # on the baseplate. These have the patent # pressed into the metal.

These have an almost single coil quality to them. The neck pickup is very useable on its own, and has a woody snap to it. The bridge pickup has an almost "tele" quality to it but if you roll the tone back to 5 or 6 it warms up while retaining the cut.

It's nice to see that very cool natural top with the wavy grain....

Interesting about the pickups... It sounds like they are lively and fun.

It's all about the sound really..(as you know)

I don't know is in my ASB 150, at least one pickup was changed, but I love the pickups in that one.

Then again , all of my Heritages sound great to my ears....

Archived