Heritage Owners Club

Got the 150 custom back today

big bob

sent her in for a fret dressing and set up. Now she looks and plays like the day she left K-zoo maybe better.

Tech said it was a bundle of work, he lowered the nut, fixed two raised frets , and after a full days work got her all leveled and crowned. best 60.00 bucks I ever spent...

now she has moved down the wall to be the go to for practice, I will def be bringing her to psp111..

pics to come later

pics as promised

just a little horsing around after returning from the tech with my old, new great player..

the fret dressing/ie lack of buzz makes the BG pups sound AWESOME, and now the action is super low.

she is at long last a keeper.

iphone061.jpg

iphone060.jpg

iphone059.jpg

iphone057.jpg

iphone058.jpg

A pro setup is by far the best money I've ever spent!

Who's the guy in the photos?

Gene Simmons?

The pics really bring out the color of that thang. Really pretty!! Probably the best $60 bucks a guy ever spent, and by the way, "That's a Low Price!!".

Tony does great work, works out of his house. he's a real down to earth guy with great prices.

Great Pics....!!! ;)

And , of course , good to hear that you've got that 150 custom at 120 % now...

For 60 bucks , thats a no brainer.

Makes me wonder if I've got a guitar that would benefit from that, but then again I can't think of anything that I'm not happy with.

Great to see an HOC'er having some fun.....

Ouch! jealous?

Well, your guitar is prettier and now probably plays as well as mine. Then there's that Floridian tan, shorts (when I'm still in long shirts and pants) and hair that Kiss fans would give their eye-teeth to have! Nope; I'm good. ;)

It's sweet to hear a guitar sounding good and you don't have to think about your left hand movements, eh?

Tony does great work, works out of his house. he's a real down to earth guy with great prices.

Wish we had someone like Tony around here. Glad it worked out for you, nice guitar, Fender scale right?

THIS IS A HAPPY STORY FOR ME!

I vouched for the original seller to Brent, turned out to be a bad deal and the seller stone walled.

I know the guitar never played right!! I am happy for you B.B. The pheonix arises from the ashes, congrats.

M.M.

ps. if we can have a litttle fun here... I thought Richard Simmons was starting a ROCK weightloss video.

Hi Big Bob.

Lucky you getting all that for 60 bucks.Our local Luthier,here in the North of the U.K. would charge 60 pounds just to dress the frets. & 45 pounds to fit the nut,total 105 pounds,or about $160 ,and we're covered in volcanic ash from Iceland too !

Hi Big Bob.

Lucky you getting all that for 60 bucks.Our local Luthier,here in the North of the U.K. would charge 60 pounds just to dress the frets. & 45 pounds to fit the nut,total 105 pounds,or about $160 ,and we're covered in volcanic ash from Iceland too !

the recession has hit the south hard especially luthiers in fklorida.. I'm taking in the stat dlx next week for the same service.

I have a good ? for you B.B.

That guitar has a massive belly cut, How do you like that feature??? Does it make for a lighter guitar?

Good question concidering you have more that 1 150, I think this is good reading for fellow HOCers.

M.M.

the 150 custom is on the heavy side, not super heavy but much heavier than the 150 lw..

funny a guy with little belly has a guitar with a huge belly cut!! hungh

Oh and please don't hate on the hair..

Very cool.

Is there a way for a layperson (i.e., me) to determine if my guitar needs that type of work?

It seems to play fine, but then again I'm not a very good player.

conorb

High action, buzzing, flat fret tops (not rounded) can cause notes to go flat or sharp.

The 150 custom is from 1990 20 years of use can cause things to get out of wack. two of the frets on it had raised just a little causing the notes around them to fret out ie buzz.

The stat dlx I'm taking in plays fine but the action could be lower and some of the fret tops are quite flat, some are even pitted.

I would say if your guitar suits your playing style don't do a thing to it.

My 575 has pitting on the lower frets, but I like the way she plays so I'm keeping her just the way she is...

Archived