Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Apparel

je00143

I missed the boat when the Heritage apparel went out the window. Did get a strap and cable though.

Is there any talk of an HOC shirt? My personal preference would be for a pocket to put my glasses in and the slogan

When A Gibson Just Isn't Good Enough that I've seen around on these links.

Our big band gets their shirts, tees and jackets from the Business Outfitters division of Land's End. Very reasonable in

price, and wear forever. Great value.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

Is there any talk of an HOC shirt? My personal preference would be for a pocket to put my glasses in and the slogan

When A Gibson Just Isn't Good Enough that I've seen around on these links.

I'd go with the 'When "Good Enough" Isn't' slogan but that's just me.

This is new to me too. I do like the idea of the top pocket. There doesn't appear to be any available at that website.

Hey, how long has this been around? How did I miss it? You guy's been holdiong out on me?

It's been around for awhile..I got a jacket a few months ago..Pretty nice...

It's been around for awhile..I got a jacket a few months ago..Pretty nice...

They had jackets? What kind of material (oh wait, or are you thinking of Lane's old site?)

I just figured Brent had a hand in this new site. Judging from his reaction, I guess not. Maybe the admin? Anyone know who we are dealing with? Ahaa, just went looking and found it on the top of the HOC entry page. Must be the admin.

They had jackets? What kind of material (oh wait, or are you thinking of Lane's old site?)

Nope.. it's the Heritage Axe-cessories site listed above..I got a baseball style lined jacket with a Heritage headstock on the back, with " Heritage Guitars" on the front..I think it was $50 with delivery..Something like that..

Notice that it says "shop Heritage Owners Club", that is us!!

Yeah..you're right..I got my jacket at a different website called Heritageaxecessories.com..don't know if they're still around..I guess you could google them.. :o

The Official HOC Shop is, I guess you would say, legitimate. I created that as part of the process of working on the upgrade to the site. The observant among you will notice that has not happened. You could, if you were so inclined, place an order at the HOC shop. If I recall correctly, the 'profit' that came back to the HOC was almost exactly $1 per shirt. I do not believe the company providing the underlying service is the most reasonable, but the one shirt I ordered was decent quality, if a bit expensive. Frankly, I was not real thrilled with the way the artwork looked on the burgundy cloth (the grey bits seemed to disappear). I should probably break that link and take the store down until I get around to doing it properly.

The Official HOC Shop is, I guess you would say, legitimate. I created that as part of the process of working on the upgrade to the site. The observant among you will notice that has not happened. You could, if you were so inclined, place an order at the HOC shop. If I recall correctly, the 'profit' that came back to the HOC was almost exactly $1 per shirt. I do not believe the company providing the underlying service is the most reasonable, but the one shirt I ordered was decent quality, if a bit expensive. Frankly, I was not real thrilled with the way the artwork looked on the burgundy cloth (the grey bits seemed to disappear). I should probably break that link and take the store down until I get around to doing it properly.

That profit ratio is not very good... $1 per shirt on a $ 19 t-Shirt ? ...but... then again hopefully they handle most of the effort of running it...

There appears to be some nice stuff there. 2 sided T-Shirts etc.

Although the web site overhaul, unlike the eschaton, was declared to be immanentized many months ago I would not bet real money on either actually happening any time soon.

Now this makes more sense to me... I think???

i suggest, respectfully, that slamming gibson on a shirt (1) reflects poorly on the impeccable high class that is us Heritage folks and (2) unnecessarily alienates people who have and like a gibson or two, such as myself.

that said, i'd love a tasteful H golf shirt!

i suggest, respectfully, that slamming gibson on a shirt (1) reflects poorly on the impeccable high class that is us Heritage folks and (2) unnecessarily alienates people who have and like a gibson or two, such as myself.

that said, i'd love a tasteful H golf shirt!

I'm with eljay on this one. What's up with all the hate and disrespect I see in this forum against Gibson?? If it were not for Gibson . . . there wouldn't be a Heritage Guitar company in K-zoo. Heritage's very "heritage" is Gibson. Some in this forum are even hesitant to use their name, referring to them as "Gbrand". I'm thinking that there are still some animosities out there about Gibson thuming their nose at the great people that made Gibson a great company. Their cost cutting strategies, most of which back-fired on them and their move to Nashville pissed all of us off tremendously. But let's not forget that there are also some people currently working at Gibson who have that same "fire" and devotion to the spirit and the quality of their craftsmanship and their work ethic, as those people at Heritage. Be angry at and resentful of the assholes who made . . and are still making the bad decisions . . . not the brand. And we all know who those assholes are . . . and were. The brand itself is as much of an American icon as any other major company that was founded and grown in . . . . America! As I've said here in the past, well over a hundred Gibsons have passed through my hands over the past 35 years . . . most of which were made at 225 Parsons Street. But some did in fact come out of Nashville. It breaks my heart that my R9 and my Historic reissue 1963 ES 335 have plastic inlays on the finger boards and not shell. But that's the only thing that my discerning and sometimes too critical eyes and ears can find that is not consistent with ANYTHING coming our if Heritage. Given a choice . . . I'd rather own a Heritage . . . as my ever growing collection shows. But, I just can't bring myself to trash the Gibson name. Unfortunately, some of (most of) Henry's decisions are causing a trashing of that great name. But that trashing should be limited to those who are not old enough the remember when Gibson was Kalamazoo . . . and Kalamazoo was Gibson.

I'm with eljay on this one. What's up with all the hate and disrespect I see in this forum against Gibson?? If it were not for Gibson . . . there wouldn't be a Heritage Guitar company in K-zoo. Heritage's very "heritage" is Gibson. Some in this forum are even hesitant to use their name, referring to them as "Gbrand". I'm thinking that there are still some animosities out there about Gibson thuming their nose at the great people that made Gibson a great company. Their cost cutting strategies, most of which back-fired on them and their move to Nashville pissed all of us off tremendously. But let's not forget that there are also some people currently working at Gibson who have that same "fire" and devotion to the spirit and the quality of their craftsmanship and their work ethic, as those people at Heritage. Be angry at and resentful of the assholes who made . . and are still making the bad decisions . . . not the brand. And we all know who those assholes are . . . and were. The brand itself is as much of an American icon as any other major company that was founded and grown in . . . . America! As I've said here in the past, well over a hundred Gibsons have passed through my hands over the past 35 years . . . most of which were made at 225 Parsons Street. But some did in fact come out of Nashville. It breaks my heart that my R9 and my Historic reissue 1963 ES 335 have plastic inlays on the finger boards and not shell. But that's the only thing that my discerning and sometimes too critical eyes and ears can find that is not consistent with ANYTHING coming our if Heritage. Given a choice . . . I'd rather own a Heritage . . . as my ever growing collection shows. But, I just can't bring myself to trash the Gibson name. Unfortunately, some of (most of) Henry's decisions are causing a trashing of that great name. But that trashing should be limited to those who are not old enough the remember when Gibson was Kalamazoo . . . and Kalamazoo was Gibson.

Wow!! food for thought..Some good points there..I guess my anger comes from the fact that I lived in Michigan for the better part of 30 years, and the Fact that Gibson's were made there and were in MHO the Best guitars in the world..When they just up and left like that it pissed me off and I guess I still am..But you are right, if they hadn't left , we wouldn't have our beloved Heritage's..Point well taken.. ^_^

OK - . I meant no harm or offense. I didn’t think of it as a slam. (Although I must say that whoever complained certainly has not seen too many political ads lately……..)

You may have seen the Chevy pickup ads show a truck hauling a Toyota and a Ram pickup out of the mud. Comparison to ones’ competition is not new.

The original stripe comes from Gibson itself on some of its vintage instruments. I think it said Only a Gibson is good enough on the headstock. I am probably not

right on the exact wording, but you get the idea.

I’m easy - How about if the stripe said, When anything else isn’t good enough?

Does that help?

PS - As luck would have it, and in the interests of full disclosure, I do own a Gibson ES-140T ¾ that I bought new in 1958 and still use.

I am just happier with my 575, that’s all. And I have a Ford F-150, but that is another story for another time…….

We (HOC) are paying service, or that is borrowing, the ad campaign exchange of Gibson and Ephiphone of the late 40s. Prior to Gibson buying Epiphone and strategically making the name the 'economic' series under the Gibby brand, Gibson had the 'Only a Gibson is Good enough' slogan and had this on some of their guitars. Epiphone, a rival at the time, countered with 'When Good Enought Isn't Good Enough'.

No disrespect here... just more 'Heritage' of Kalamazoo guitar making.

http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/PluckedStrings/Gui...umboGuitar.html

I'd go with the When Gibson isn't Good Enough. Because as of May, 2010, this holds true. IMO

Whether it is OK or not to slam Gibson as a brand, the fact still remains

A) that Heritage is higher quality and cheaper than Gibson.

B ) Gibson is making some weird models in their line.

C) When a company craps on its employees, customers, wholesalers, and retailers and relies on brand image instead of what made the brand image in the first place, it is bound to get some flak and bombs thrown its way for sure.

D) Using illegally harvest wood and a degradation of business ethics (I know biz ethics its a oxymoron :thumbsup: ) is a sure fire way to draw Federal and social scrutiny.

E) When pricing clearly does not match consumer perceived quality of aforementioned product, this tends to draw the ire of consumers. Severely.

Archived