Heritage Owners Club

Pick holders all over my Heritages

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

I recently discovered Dunlop's pick holders and love them. They only cost about a buck each and adhere to the face or side of almost every guitar without hurting the finish. I never have to look for a pick anymore or store one bent in my strings. It holds several picks, so you can quickly pull out a backup if you drop your first one. And you can carry different types of picks.

I don't know why it took so long for me to buy one of these.

post-1723-1274700831_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah. Been around a long time. I learned my lesson about adhesives on guitar finishes though. Some don't take so kindly to them and others may get a residue on them that takes a bit of work and care to remove without damaging the finish.

The adhesive on this may be fine, but I won't chance it. I have pockets. :D

Oh yeah. Been around a long time. I learned my lesson about adhesives on guitar finishes though. Some don't take so kindly to them and others may get a residue on them that takes a bit of work and care to remove without damaging the finish.

The adhesive on this may be fine, but I won't chance it. I have pockets. :D

Yup, I agree... I have a pick holder in the storage compartment of my case though.

Gotta agree with the comments about adhesive. I had masked off a strat body (Fender USA - nitrocelulose) so I could shield the elctronics cavity. Imagine my horror when I removed the blue painter masking tape only to find it had reacted with the finish underneath and left marks. Swirl remover wouldn't touch it. I had to go to 600 grit (might have even been 400 grit) to get the marks out and the work my way back up to the finer grits and buff it out. You can still see some of the lines if you look at it in the light just right. I think removed most if not all of the top (clear) coat in the process. I'm very wary of any adhesive on my guitars and if I mask off for any reason now it's for as short a time as possible.

Its one thing to have the pick always on your guitar, but what about when you pick up a different one?

I've got a leather pick holder on my keychain that has about 5 different picks in it. I'm always ready to go when I walk into the Guitar Denter!

I like those pic holders but not on my guitars. I stick one on my bench in the studio, keep it filled with dunlop .73mm's

My second son is a luthier in Lincoln, England. He works mainly with the violin family but also works with guitars. Pick guards stuck on instruments, especially those from the 80s/90s are a total pain. To remove them is a nightmare, usually taking off the finish. My suggestion is DO NOT stick anything onto your instrument. If anyone needs a luthier in the East Midlands, UK contact pheeharrison2000@yahoo.co.uk. If this is breaking the rules sorreee!!!

That's a cool device, but I understand about the adhesive . . . I remember my friend screaming because the nitro on a regular rubber stand had transferred something on the finish . . .

I saw a leather guitar strap like a bandolier / bandoleer. . . for picks . . . like this . . . I'd def go for that

lev-mn26pnh004_lg.jpg

I use the clip on my mic stand. Works pretty well. Just put 3 or 4 in there and I'm good to go.

rooster.

+1 I was gonna say the same thing..

Archived