Heritage Owners Club

New to the boards.

AaronF

Hello guys,

My name is Aaron and I just found this board. I was pretty excited when I stumbled upon it, so I had to sign up. I'm a proud H535 owner, and I plan on maybe picking up a few more Heritage axes, but at the moment I have other financial priorities. I have to admit, I have always been a Strat player, hated Gibsons, HATED them (on a similar note, I've always wanted to build a SSH Strat, but with an HRW in the bridge, I think it would sound smokin'). They all felt off. For some reason, Heritage guitars take no getting used to for me, and I instantly fell in love with an H535 at a store and had to have it. Currently I play in a Queen tribute band. I just thought I would drop in and say hey.  ;D

Oh, and here is my guitar.

width=360 height=480http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/amfrimel/IMG_1155.jpg[/img]

Hello Aaron!  Your introduction sounded like an Alcoholics Anonymous greeting!  :)

And that is PERFECT for this GAS-inducing forum.

May I ask what is that beastly amp head in the background?  Does it read 'Stang Ray'??  ???  I'm already afraid of you! :)

Welcome aboard!  Love your 535

A Queen tribute band eh?

Cool.

I put the guitar playing of Mr. May right up there--

What guitar do you use to achieve that great "woody" tone the BM came up with in his solos?

We do Tie Your  Mother Down in our jammer list of tunes..

Chico

Wow guys, thanks for the generous welcome! Yep, that amp behind the guitar is a Dr. Z Stang Ray. Its a really cool amp, but currently needs to go into surgery. I think it has a parasitic input cap. It buzzes something with the Heritage, but sounds great with the weaker pickups of a Strat. What are all of you guys into musically? I'm very curious, as most of the guitars Heritage makes are pretty versatile instruments, this isn't like going into a B.C. Rich forum and knowing you aren't going to find jazzers for miles.  :)

I've been lurking around, its nice to find an internet forum where people actually try to help. I look forward to spending tons of money on guitars thanks to all of you.

Cheers,

Aaron

Brad would have a coniption if he knew you were playing an H535 thru that amp head!!  ;) Nice looking rig. Bet it screams thru that 412 box. Welcome, and up a karma for the H535 thru a Stang Ray.

Wellcome on board, Aaron - Very nice axe indeed, but not the conventional choice for doing Queen-stuff  ;D

What happened with the Red Special (from Guild, Burns or BHM himself) - Do you have one of those as well or can you make the 535 to do the trick?

Yeah, I had the guitar stuff before the Queen band. But amazingly, I can get close enough to justify using it, half the people wouldn't notice anyway. I only use it for some of the song where Mr. May uses a fatter tone. I stick with my Strat in the 2 position for most of the other stuff, that will get me as close as humanly possible without a Red Special (well, maybe a Tele would be a tiny bit closer, but most if it is in your touch anyway). Hopefully I'll get the Stang Ray fixed soon and I can get to posting some clips. I've been lurking here the past few days and you guys really have something going with this forum.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Cheers,

Aaron

Archived