Heritage Owners Club

H 535

Patrick

I just snagged a great looking H535 off the bay. Antique blonde, Antiquities and aged Tone Pros. It's a 2004, originally ordered from Wolfe Guitars with their black shaded curley maple bound oick guard, shaped like the Johnny Smith guard. It's got a bound head stock with inlayed MOP "The Heritage" ala H555. Now comes that dreadful wait for it to arrive.

I don't know how to get the pictures from ebay onto this forum. I'm not a real computer savvy person. I an still trying how to get the pictures of all my other Heritages on HOC. Everytime I try to upload them . . . the whole file wants to go with them. I've downloaded into "My pictures". Now their in the same file as my grand children, my children, work stuff . . . . etc.

I don't know how to get the pictures from ebay onto this forum. I'm not a real computer savvy person. I an still trying how to get the pictures of all my other Heritages on HOC. Everytime I try to upload them . . . the whole file wants to go with them. I've downloaded into "My pictures". Now their in the same file as my grand children, my children, work stuff . . . . etc.

Yeah, it's not easy since they went with dynamic pics. Is this it?

post-220-1277485631_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's not easy since they went with dynamic pics. Is this it?

post-220-1277485631_thumb.jpg

Yeah man. . . . . that's it . . . that's my newest addition. I can't wait to get it. I'm anxious to hear those Seymour Duncan Antiquities. I'll probably change the black speed knobs to gold top hats (bonnets) The rose wood board looks pretty good . . . . not as good as my 1998 H535 . . . but pretty good. The flame and the bound head stock with the inlayed MOP logo pushed me over the top.

I feel your ..pain Brother..I have never and I mean never sucessfully uploaded a picture of my stuff to the HOC..It is so frustrating!! I feel better now..

I'm sure it's a great score!

Any plans to get it set up for Larry Carlton?

Not sure how to interpret your comment and question.?.?.? Inquisitive? Sarcastic? Synical? All of the above? Care to explain?

Not sure how to interpret your comment and question.?.?.? Inquisitive? Sarcastic? Synical? All of the above? Care to explain?

Love the color, the scratch guard, bound headstock as well as the hardware.

Inquisitive, thought this would be your second 535. I have lent my 150, 155 and 137 out to friends on occasion. (only one at a time) 100% of them went on to purchase a Heritage after having Gibbons, & Epiphones. Best way to get the word out. We all know how brand loyal you/we are... though you might have an uber cool marketing plan going on. ;-)

Patrick,

You did very well my friend, very well.

But remember to always remain thirsty for the next Heritage.....

dosequis_interesting.jpg

But seriously....GREAT score there!

Love the color, the scratch guard, bound headstock as well as the hardware.

Inquisitive, thought this would be your second 535. I have lent my 150, 155 and 137 out to friends on occasion. (only one at a time) 100% of them went on to purchase a Heritage after having Gibbons, & Epiphones. Best way to get the word out. We all know how brand loyal you/we are... though you might have an uber cool marketing plan going on. ;-)

Thanks for getting back to me Spec. I apologize if I jumped the gun on interpreting the meaning of your comments. As for LC, as I indicated before, I'm going to bring my H555 and my 1998 H535 to his next gig at the Blue Note in NYC. He usually plays there aroundthe end of July. The H555 is as close to perfection as I have ever seen in a semi hollow guitar. However, while I would love to see Larry playing it for evaluation, I don't see the triple nickel as his type of "vibe". The 1998 535 is almost as great a playing and sounding guitar as the triple nickel, but much more of the Larry Carlton vibe. The 2004 that I just bought is an antique natural. I also don't see Larry as a natural finish type of a guy. Definitely more of a sunburst guy. Also, the one I just bought is still an unknown entity. You know how these ebay purchases are . . . it's basically a leap of faith. Who knows, his guitar tech may just politely decline to even look at them. But, if it will help the folks up at Heritage, I'll give it a try. The Blue Note is an extremely informal setting. It's almost as if your at a local pub and the cover band there are the guys you hang with every day. We'll see what happens.

The most interesting man in the world doesn't always play guitar, but when he does, he prefers Heritage!

Exactly my friend...stay thirsty for the tone!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got it. First impression is totally knee jerk . . . I HATE the covers on the Antiquities!! They are way over aged. The locking Tone Pros bridge and tail piece are also aged, but much more subtle. As I expected, the flame maple is much nicer than what it appeared in the photos. The rose wood board is drop dead gorgeous. The neck is amazingly true. I've got it sitting next to my 1996 H535. Looking at this 2004 in classic natural color, with its' bound head stock and inlayed logo is a whole 'nother vibe. I really like it!! But I don't love it . . . yet. I've gotta get those oxidized pick up covers changed to new nickel, also it seems to have wound .010s . . . gotta get those off and changed to wound .011s. I don't like the look of the black speed knobs. Gonna try the gold top hats instead. It plays well, but I'll have to re-assess with the .011s and the truss rod adjustment. I haven't plugged it in yet, so I don't know how the Anti's sound. I won't plug it in until it has new strings on it. These are pretty beat. I don't want to taint my opinion on the sound/tone. More to come . . . hopefully, with some pictures!! I'll try again to figure it out.

Archived