Heritage Owners Club

Would you guys pay the upcharge for the MOP 'Heritage' inlay to be a standard feature?

Jazzpunk

MOP inlays for all. Yay or Nay?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. MOP inlays for all. Yay or Nay?

• Yes!
    • No!

I have to admit that I get a little envious whenever I see a Heritage guitar with 'The Heritage' MOP inlay on the headstock. It's just so classy and cool! ;)

Does anybody know how much this adds to the cost when building a Heritage guitar? I would love to see this feature on all Heritage guitars but not if the additional cost would make the prices out of reach for others.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see this as a standard feature on all of the Heritage guitar models and if so would you pony up the extra cash?

I agree that I like it a lot ... But the other logo doesn't bother me enough to say that all should have it.

I do think that it would be cool to have some really creative inlay done on some special models.. beyond just the logo..

And it is a standard feature... as long as you pay extra for it... ;)

I agree that I like it a lot ... But the other logo doesn't bother me enough to say that all should have it.

Just to clarify, the standard logo does not bother me at all. I just find the MOP version to be drool worthy!

I think if you order as an HOC member, it ain't much. I've had it put on both of my custom orders and they both came in right inline with stock prices on other sites. Being an HOC member truly does have it's benefits.

I think if you order as an HOC member, it ain't much. I've had it put on both of my custom orders and they both came in right inline with stock prices on other sites. Being an HOC member truly does have it's benefits.

Hi tulk1,

I'm about to order a 575. Please tell me more about this HOC members privilege!

Cheers, Ron

my 530 has the mop--dennis will correct me but i think it was about $100 for the upgrade. i did not buy as an HOC member; next time i will!

Or it could be cool to have just the stylized "H" inlaid on the headstock....

and then the Heritage name on the truss rod cover... just thinkin' of a cool unique headstock for some model..

That would be super cool!!!

While I agree that the inlaid logo is just gorgeous, I can't say I'd want that as a standard feature. I'd rather have the option.

The MOP is totally drool worthy. Also, if everyone had it, then it wouldn't be nearly as special. ;)

While I agree that the inlaid logo is just gorgeous, I can't say I'd want that as a standard feature. I'd rather have the option.

The MOP is totally drool worthy. Also, if everyone had it, then it wouldn't be nearly as special. ;)

Bingo!

And just to clarify the HOC benefits. We definitely do get some...just to the head of the line, a little extra attention, and some modest price breaks.

But I have got to say that the dealer that Kenny used for his custom orders is VERY good about being more than fair on his prices (like hundreds less expensive). I am not so sure every dealer would pass along the savings that Vince give HOC members on their price quote. See, in general, Heritage won't tell you the price quote. They will only tell the dealer. So even if Vince gives you the HOC discount, that doesn't mean the dealer has to play ball. I did some pricing for Kenny when he ordered and his dealer quoted hundreds lower.

I am sorry but I am just being honest.

If interested you might want to PM Tulk1 for the dealer info!

Good luck everyone!

Hi tulk1,

I'm about to order a 575. Please tell me more about this HOC members privilege!

Cheers, Ron

Kuz pretty much hit it on the head. You need to have your dealer mention to Vince that the order is from an HOC member. Hopefully from there the dealer passes the savings on to you.

One thing I've done is to call either Vince or Ren and go over the specs before I even talk to my dealer. It's amazing what we might think we "need", only to hear that maybe we don't need it quite that much. ;) Or, that they just can't even do it. Once the specs are correct, then you basically just hand your dealer a spec sheet, sit back and wait for the guitar. (if it was only that easy ... to wait!).

I really do think it should be standard. I consider it sort of a pride thing....like wearing a suit to work, I dunno. The guitar deserves to look nice and to be played well.....not much else it can ask of us as beloved owners.

I really do think it should be standard. I consider it sort of a pride thing....like wearing a suit to work, I dunno. The guitar deserves to look nice and to be played well.....not much else it can ask of us as beloved owners.

What of those that really like the dressed down look?

How much would they charge to put Fender on it? :D

There ain't enough money in the world!! B)

What of those that really like the dressed down look?

Well I like very much the dressed down look in terms of wood....but the painted headstock says "cheap" in the same way plastic fretboard inlays do. If Heritage do it right on the fretboard, why not do it right on the headstock?

Well I like very much the dressed down look in terms of wood....but the painted headstock says "cheap" in the same way plastic fretboard inlays do. If Heritage do it right on the fretboard, why not do it right on the headstock?

It says something different to everybody. Doing it right when it comes to taste is the stuff of endless argument.

Archived