Heritage Owners Club

Would you guys pay the upcharge for the MOP 'Heritage' inlay to be a standard feature?

Jazzpunk

MOP inlays for all. Yay or Nay?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. MOP inlays for all. Yay or Nay?

• Yes!
    • No!

I stick with my original thoughts.. I really like it , but it should be for certain guitars..

It's like saying that every guitar must have traps or blocks... sometimes less is more.

I still think my "stylized H" only inlay is a great idea...... just the H... and the Heritage name on the truss rod cover.

What I would like is for the logo, whether inlay or decal, to look a little less hand drawn and a be bit more precise. But that is just me. Not saying they should. Just saying that I'd like it that way.

My fully formed opinion on this is as follows: This is Heritage's call. If they make a model I am not keen on, I won't get it. If they have an standard feature I am not keen on, I will see what options I have available to me to change it. If there isn't an option available that would change the thing I like, I decide how important that feature is compared to my want for what the rest of the guitar is.

This applies to all manufacturers.

With regards to the inlaid logo, I like them too... but it won't stop me from buying a guitar.

One of the great features of the Heritage custom shop is their value. Their bang for buck has been Heritage's stock and trade since 1985. One way to maintain their edge in the custom, hand made guitar market is to have different price points for their instruments. By offering a less expensive headstock logo is just another way they can keep their prices low enough to get more instruments into the hands of Heritage fans like us.

And because they are a custom shop, we can get the exact features we want and can afford at a still reasonable price. I personally like the pearl inlayed Heritage logo much better and would order that upgrade on any custom guitar. Also, I look for that and bound headstocks on any used Heritage gits that come available. But that is my personal taste. As other posters have stated, when playing the guitar, you are not looking at the headstock. Hopefully you are looking for the right notes. That often alludes me even when staring at the fretboard! B)

So look for or order the guitar that turns you on and encourages you to pick it up and play it.

With Heritage it is all about choices. And that is a very good thing.

Tim

I really do think it should be standard. I consider it sort of a pride thing....like wearing a suit to work, I dunno. The guitar deserves to look nice and to be played well.....not much else it can ask of us as beloved owners.

My sentiment exactly. Show your product in the best light.... The standard headstock come across to me as cheap, like squire cheap!!

Logically is see cheap chinese knockoff for $300 with more elaborate headstock features. So what is the problem?

Archived