Heritage Owners Club

NGD part 2

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

It took forever but the red, white and blue Little One arrived this morning.

It is almost mint with a single tiny ding. The neck is medium. Rosewood fingerboard and no binding anywhere. In fact there is no finish at all on this thing, just buffed dyed wood.

I haven't counted how many pieces of wood went into this thing. The neck alone has 31 pieces not counting the headstock wings.

HRWs, coil tapping on both, fully adjustable roller bridge.

I just talked to Ren Wall, who obviously had input on this guitar. Heritage no longer makes them. He personally owns two. He said the wood is similar to maple but absorbs dye better than woods customarily used for guitars. This wood is often used for gun stocks, bows and bowling pins. I didn't get the name of the wood from him, just what it wasn't.

I'll send some pics later when I get a chance. This thing is well worth looking at. It puts the Citation to shame. The only upgrades missing are rhinestone binding and a figure on the headstock of a boy peeing!

Ren is getting a standard truss rod cover to replaced the engraved one. He also thinks he has a hard shell case for it. I'm bringing the little guy down to Heritage in the near future. Ren said he would personally set it up.

Here's some CL pics for now.

post-1723-1279561945_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279561953_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279561963_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279561973_thumb.jpg

The necks on those always looked verrry interesting. It seems like a lot of guitar in a small package.

And HRW's , coil tap... nice.

A Hardshell case would be the finishing touch.. and you seem to like it. Cool.

Guest mgoetting

Ren just let me know that they have only one case left. Since Heritage doesn't intend on making any more Little Ones, I can buy the last one for $100. I'm picking it up on Wednesday and getting the set up done.

I planned on using the guitar when I travel and to keep it under my desk at work for breaks. Ren advised against it. He said they are collectable and that the red, white and blues with dual pups have shot up in value to $1800 and will continue to climb.

Guest mgoetting
Damn. Mark, you're gonna have to build a website to show off your gallery of owned and once owned Heritages!

Most of them don't stick around that long. There's a few destined to be long timers.

I'm not a collector. If there's something I don't play regularly, off it goes.

That's a neat one mg. I have admired those from afar, but never quite committed. I think that one would be a keeper. I would be interested in hearing what your opinion of the "sound" or tone is like?

Most of them don't stick around that long. There's a few destined to be long timers.

I'm not a collector. If there's something I don't play regularly, off it goes.

Still, it would be a neat photographic history of Heritage guitars if this pace keeps up.

Guest mgoetting

There are a couple of requirements that I already know it meets. First, it must be very quiet when unamplified so I can play it next to my family while we watch TV. Milleniums and 555s fail that. My 157 passes.

Second, it should fit in a stuffed recliner on my lap. The Milleniums and the 157 are tight and barely passable. The Little One easily passes.

I don't understand how to use the fine tuneable Schaller tailpiece. The bridge inserts adjust forward and back as well as sideways, and the whole bridge goes up and down. So what do I do with the string length adjustments?TP-0398-002-2.jpg

Guest mgoetting

The guitar sounds like a bright SG. The coil tapping makes it more Fendery and drops the volume (no surprises). Overall it has really good solid body tones.

Speaking of which, there are no tone controls, only volume.

In order to keep the body small, the electronics cavity is tiny (see picture in link). They were very difficult to assemble, according to someone with first hand experience.

Check out the pics:

http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/m...tle%20One%2017/

post-1723-1279587748_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279587788_thumb.jpg

Archived