Heritage Owners Club

A "little" GAS attack

brentrocks

Mark and i had discussed his Heritage, Gerry Gessie "little one" and the guitar had definately peaked my intrest. Mark and i met Sat morning, had a coffee and he let me take it home for a 2 day trial run. Well, i have come to the conclusion that i do want to keep it.

It packs a big punch in a small package...even the custom case is cool!

This is # 17 of a limited run of the Red, White & Blue little ones, introduced at the 2000 NAMM. I believe it was a run of 25 guitars. The cool thing about these is that each color change you see is a SEPERATE piece of wood...all glued together, routed and sanded! Its not as light as you may think, and it sounds great!

It features 2 HRWs with puch/pull coil taps & a 3-way toggle. Shaller fine tuning tailpiece and roller bridge and Grover tuners.

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

Guest mgoetting

It will be the belle of the ball at PSPIII.

It does sound amazingly good. Once again, it calls into question what goes into creating good tone in a solid body.

My theory on the Little One is that the density of the body adds to the brightness and sustain. I had an all maple LP that was similar. But that density adds to weight in the LP. Not an issue with the LO.

I hope Brent lets you get your picture taken with it!

Hey,Love it.

I've seen these in Heritage catalogues,but I don't think they were ever available in the U.K.

I worked out,long ago,you really need a travel guitar.I was very fortunate that when in Anaheim in 1981,I visited Jean & Jerry Holton's ( Hope I got That right ) music store,near Disneyland,and bought this nice little '63 ( I think ) Gibson Melody Maker.It's stood me in great stead,and was always in the boot of my car,just in case ! The Baby Taylor came later,and has been a Godsent. Always keep something playable handy,ideas are random,and can be lost if you don't try them out..Pronto !

Peter Alton Green

post-1702-1280690431_thumb.jpg

Mark and i had discussed his Heritage, Gerry Gessie "little one" and the guitar had definately peaked my intrest. Mark and i met Sat morning, had a coffee and he let me take it home for a 2 day trial run. Well, i have come to the conclusion that i do want to keep it.

......... <snip> for bandwidth

IMG_5257.jpg

Nice T-Shirt!

i had #13 (stolen from truck) at gig at Henfling's once, lotta blues & Allmans, and between sets a guy approaches me:

"say, i really like what you're playing there"

"hey, thanks"

"so, what kind of instrument is that you're playing?"

;)

Archived