Heritage Owners Club

What are your favorite finishes on Heritage Guitars?

JWALKER

OK, unless you are like some of the other charter members of this group, and you have like twenty different Heritage Guitars, most of us mere mortals will only likely have one or two or ... Anyway, Is there a common favorite finish among everyone?

I guess I am searching for a finish that looks great, but does not show up , God forbid, any dings or scratches that may happen to our beloved guitars. either by our own hands on accident of course, or the hands of another that may not be as careful as we probably all are with our babies.

I have two black guitars, not a motif with me, and they can really show up scratches and dings. So, I would love a great looking finish that hides the occasional mark or two. Thanks for any and all input.

My favorite... I own. If you had tried to describe this finish to me, I would have thought it to be the ugliest thing ever. Then I see a picture of it. My jaw hit the floor and 9 months later, I own it.

natural blond top with transparent black back and sides and back of neck/head.

OK, unless you are like some of the other charter members of this group, and you have like twenty different Heritage Guitars, most of us mere mortals will only likely have one or two or ... Anyway, Is there a common favorite finish among everyone?

I guess I am searching for a finish that looks great, but does not show up , God forbid, any dings or scratches that may happen to our beloved guitars. either by our own hands on accident of course, or the hands of another that may not be as careful as we probably all are with our babies.

I have two black guitars, not a motif with me, and they can really show up scratches and dings. So, I would love a great looking finish that hides the occasional mark or two. Thanks for any and all input.

You have two questions buried in your thread. One is asking for our favorite Heritage finish. The second is which finish hides the occassional mark or two.

My favorite finishes are the lighter ones like Antique Natural, Golden Amber, and Natural. Those tend to show off the wood grain, flame, curl and quilt that is another favorite of mine. The best part of those lighter finishes is that they also hide "the occasional mark to two..."! :D

There is a poll some wbere in the forums which listed all the finishes. Might help.

Lighter finishes hide the naturally occuring bumps and dents. I bought mine pre dinged so Im not so worried about it.

There is a poll some wbere in the forums which listed all the finishes. Might help.

Lighter finishes hide the naturally occuring bumps and dents. I bought mine pre dinged so Im not so worried about it.

I went looking for the poll, but couldn't find it. Maybe one of the old timers has it bookmarked.

I really like Vintage Sunburst, almond burst and trans cherry.

You have two questions buried in your thread. One is asking for our favorite Heritage finish. The second is which finish hides the occassional mark or two.

My favorite finishes are the lighter ones like Antique Natural, Golden Amber, and Natural. Those tend to show off the wood grain, flame, curl and quilt that is another favorite of mine. The best part of those lighter finishes is that they also hide "the occasional mark to two..."! :D

Exactly what he said!

Archived