Heritage Owners Club

My First Heritage (H-150 CM)

maxjeezus

Hi everyone, I'm Massimo from Italy, e new menber of the HOC. I purchased my first Heritage H-150 CM two days ago. It's a used one, build in 2000. I payed it 850 euro (about 1120 USA dollars).

It have some dings here and there but it's in good condition: frets and fretboard at 100%.

Here is a pic post-2238-1281371111_thumb.jpg

I've posted more pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/maxjeezus/HeritageH150CM#

So these are my questions: what does it mean the acronym ALM - SB hand written in the back of the wiring plate?

Where can I find the original schematic? I think the original wiring was modded because with the toggle in center position the neck pup function as a master volume and the bridge volume no. Also the volume level of the pups is unbalanced, there's too much difference, the neck pup sound more higher than the bridge pup.

Hope you help me, thanks everyone, Massimo

That is a very nice looking H-150. ALM-SB means Almond Sunburst. Can't help you with the wiring, though.

Benvenuto al Club, Massimo! That about taps out my grasp of Italian...ooooh, wait...Questo posto fa schifo! Just kidding!!!

Max,

That's a nice looking Almond Sunburst.

If the wiring job was that messed up I would suggest ordering a prewired 50's wiring kit from RS in Kentucky or assemble some CTS pots and PIO caps and replace from scratch. If both pups are near the same height from the strings and differ in volume as much as you say I would replace the low voltage stuff first. You might measure the output from each pickup while you are at it.

Welcome and beautiful guitar. Dick Seacup already covered the ALM-SB mystery. As for the wiring, you may have to take a look inside to see what as done and why the controls behave the way they do. As for pickup balancing, if the pickups are the same model (same output) the bridge pickup HAS TO BE closer to the strings to balance with the neck pickup. This is simple physics. Where the neck pickup senses the string, the string has much greater travel and so the pickup senses a stronger signal. The only way they will balance if they are the same distance from the strings is if the bridge pickup is higher output than the neck pickup. I would try raising the bridge pickup and/or lowering the neck pickup to get the balance you want. As for measuring the output of the pickup, unless you have an electronics background and the right equipment it can't be done. All you can measure is the DC resistance and it is wrongly thought that the higher the resistance the higher the output - damn internet rumors!

Hi Massimo.

Long time since I visited Italy.Last trip was to Venice,Verona & Lake Garda.Beautiful.

Now,guitars.Great looking ALMond SunBurst guitar.Wiring : try a search for Gibson Schematics,pick Les Paul Standard,should be the same. A further improvement is a standard Stop Bar Tailpiece,set to the right height.You will notice an improvement in the sustain.Welcome to the club,and have fun with your new American friend.

Ciao,Peter Alton Green

Nice Guitar!!! And I think a Good price. I live in The Netherlands and payed 1150,- euro for a near Mint 2006 guitar.

It looked to me, they Changed the Bridge PickUp. The one with the 'metal' cable looked original to me (Seymour Duncan).

Check it, to remove strings and Undscrew the White Pick-Up rings. If it is right, they stamped the Brand name under the PickUp in the Steel.

Sometimes a 'sticker' mention the Pick Up type.

If you no the brand names and types, you can check witch PickUp you gonna change. You can check a lot on this site witch PickUps are Good (For me Seymour Duncans are Good Enough!!!)

Tip... change the bridge... in a Les Paul type (Nashville bridge) Looks much better... ;-)

Kind regards.

Guus

Guest HRB853370

Hi Massimino

I am new myself to the club. I just purchased my second H-150 this past weekend, a 2005 model in honey burst. I also have a 2000 model that looks like yours except its cherry sunburst. I wouldnt change out the bridge and Schaller tailpiece unless you just dont like it. Some people dont like the looks of the Schaller tailpiece but my 2000 H-150 has the identical setup yours does and to me, it looks classy. Besides, who wants their H-150 to look just like a Les Paul anyhow! As far as the wiring goes, find yourself a good guitar tech and let them take a look at it, rather then take a chance on messing it up, unless of course you have the equipment and know how. Welcome and Cheers!!

Will and Massimino Welcome! Nice guitars all! I have a 1999 H150-CM in Black Translucent and a 2005 H150-CM Classic in Old Style Sunburst...I replaced the pickups in both, one had Schaller's and the other had HRW's...(Thanks Brent!) and put in Bare Knuckle Miracle Man set and Bare Knuckle Abraxas set respectively...The Black one has a tonepros bridge and tailpiece- both have black speed knobs...both have Sperzel tuners! Enjoy!!!! and Welcome again!

Hi everyone, I'm Massimo from Italy, e new menber of the HOC. I purchased my first Heritage H-150 CM two days ago. It's a used one, build in 2000. I payed it 850 euro (about 1120 USA dollars).

It have some dings here and there but it's in good condition: frets and fretboard at 100%.

Here is a pic post-2238-1281371111_thumb.jpg

I've posted more pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/maxjeezus/HeritageH150CM#

So these are my questions: what does it mean the acronym ALM - SB hand written in the back of the wiring plate?

Where can I find the original schematic? I think the original wiring was modded because with the toggle in center position the neck pup function as a master volume and the bridge volume no. Also the volume level of the pups is unbalanced, there's too much difference, the neck pup sound more higher than the bridge pup.

Hope you help me, thanks everyone, Massimo

Hi, great looking guitar. Congatulations!!

Here is a link to the wiring you want for your guitar

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...ost&id=6382

Welcome Massimo!

That's a great looking H150 with a very nice top.

The price you paid is really a bargain.

It looks like someone messed with the bridge pickup, maybe changed it.

So the best is to unscrew the bridge pickup and take a look at the bottom. Just like Guus already suggested.

The caps are original.

Enjoy this beauty. It's a great guitar!

Guido

Hi everyone and thank for the suggestions.

I'm sorry but when I got home with the guitar, I cleaned it, changed the strings (I use .011) while drinkin' a Hoegardeen Beer, but I forgot to take off the pups and take a pic of them. So I don't really know if they are original or not. I'll wait the next strings change. Lookin at the wiring the cables comin' from the pups are different (if you look at the pics I've posted you'll see what I mean).

I'll bring the guitar to my luthier to fix it.

About the bridge: I don't think to swap it for a gibson type, I prefer to respect the originality of my instruments.

Ciao, massimo

Welcome maxjeezus,

That is an awesome looking 150.

I would bet that you have Seymour Duncan '59 pickups in that guitar. I have them in one of mine and like them.. and no balance problem... usually it is just an adjustment that needs done on the guitar.

07082010277.jpg07082010270.jpgHPIM1183.JPG

Archived