Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

1290286165.jpg

1290286073.jpg

1290286223.jpg

From the picture, the guitar definitely looks to be OSB, regardless of the ACB on the label. Judging by the corrosion on pup covers and being a '06, the pickups may be Seth Lovers.... they will say on their back if they are

Edited by mars_hall

From the picture, the guitar definitely looks to be OSB, regardless of the ACB on the label. Judging by the corrosion on pup covers and being a '06, the pickups may be Seth Lovers.... they will say on their back if they are

Could it be an Antique Chestnut Burst?

Is it possible the guitar is 'aged'?

There is no way that aging would make that much of a change on an ACB color. The more I look at it . . the more it doesn't look like a Heritage shading. I wonder if the top was refinished?

There is a wide variation in OSB and cameras/lighting can add/subtract hues from the end result. One way to see the variation is to go to the Gallery and enter OSB in the search field. Aside from OSB, a dark ASB Antique Sunburst is the next closest, in my opinion. I have a H150 with a finish similar to the original poster, but a shade lighter

There is no way that aging would make that much of a change on an ACB color. The more I look at it . . the more it doesn't look like a Heritage shading. I wonder if the top was refinished?

The guy I bought the guitar from (a 64 old bluesguitar player) told me it was a special series guitar,

special aged at the custom shop, it's scratched and dented, too mutch for a 4 years old guitar. It's a flat finish with no glossy clearcoat on it. The ID card from the guitar says: Model: H150 Finish CM Serial W20904.

The guy I bought the guitar from (a 64 old bluesguitar player) told me it was a special series guitar,

special aged at the custom shop, it's scratched and dented, too mutch for a 4 years old guitar. It's a flat finish with no glossy clearcoat on it. The ID card from the guitar says: Model: H150 Finish CM Serial W20904.

The CM is Curly Maple top

A special series would have a series index (typically 3 digits) in addition to the serial number stamped on the back of the head

An ultra top would be a special order though

Edited by mars_hall

The CM is Curly Maple top

A special series would have a series index (typically 3 digits) in addition to the serial number stamped on the back of the head

An ultra top would be a special order though

Nope, no added digits to the serial number. I have contacted Heritage to ask what type exactly my guitar is and they

have answered:....it's a H150....yeah right. :snorting:

Hi, I'm Bill from Nashville. I was looking for a good deal on a Les Paul and found an H-150 CM I just couldn't pass up. It's every bit as premium of a guitar as any Les Paul I've played. As you can see it's the vintage burst. I love the neck and the honking neck pickup!

IMG_1590.jpg

Forgot to mention it's a 2000 model with HRW's.

Welcome to the club nashvillebill. That's a real pretty 150 you got there. How do you like the HRWs in the 150? By the way, the Tele ain't to shabby either!

Thanks Patrick. I love the HRW's- I didn't even know what they were until after I bought it- but they got my attention in the store. The neck really honks, and I even like the bridge p/u. I usually don't like humbucking bridge p/u's because they're too twangy... I have the Tele for twang!

Bill in Nashville

Hi everyone!

Most people know me as Ken. I spend the day as a builder of cool stuff for guitar players.

This work of mine has led me to meet many unbelievavble musicians and see and hold lots of cool gear.

One of my friends and a avid HOC member is Yoslate. He has shared many of his experiences at the pilgrage and

let me see his Heritage guitars. This started a desire to have one.

For the past weeks anoyher friend picked up a deal on a 94 H150Cm vsb with plans to just flip it.

I am now the owner, trading a 68 fender blackline silverface super reverb even. I could not be more pleased

with the guitar.

I look forward to hanging around this site and reading from a bunch of dudes that get it!

Hi everyone!

Most people know me as Ken. I spend the day as a builder of cool stuff for guitar players.

This work of mine has led me to meet many unbelievavble musicians and see and hold lots of cool gear.

One of my friends and a avid HOC member is Yoslate. He has shared many of his experiences at the pilgrage and

let me see his Heritage guitars. This started a desire to have one.

For the past weeks anoyher friend picked up a deal on a 94 H150Cm vsb with plans to just flip it.

I am now the owner, trading a 68 fender blackline silverface super reverb even. I could not be more pleased

with the guitar.

I look forward to hanging around this site and reading from a bunch of dudes that get it!

Welcome aboard , Kvamp.

You cite a great referral when you mention YoSlate, a quality HOCer, no doubt.

I trust the 150 will become a favorite of yours, as it has the Kalamazoo magic in it. ..... and we always like to see pics, if possible.

And I'm sure we'll hear more of this cool stuff for guitar players that you build, it sounds intriguing

Welcome aboard , Kvamp.

I trust the 150 will become a favorite of yours, as it has the Kalamazoo magic in it. ..... and we always like to see pics, if possible.

And I'm sure we'll hear more of this cool stuff for guitar players that you build, it sounds intriguing

Yo, fellas! Ken is a good pal and will have a lot to say about amp guts, vintage spec, and woodwork, I hope. He's a primo cat, and knows his stuff! Some of you have already auditioned his work at PSP's II and III. Ken built the cabs for both The Note, my green 30W piggyback (PSPII), and The Felix, my 25W two-tone combo, through which Vince played at PSPIII. His new VSB 150 is a stone player with a few bumps and bruises, and exquisite tone!

(Thanks for the kudo, Fred!)

Edited by yoslate

I thought I had already posted something here, but apparently I had not, so here it is:

Hi everyone, my name is Fernando, and that's my real name. I bought my first Heritage (a beautiful, used, H-150, you've seen her here before, because that's how I found her advertised) a year or so ago, and it gave me such a bad case of GAS that I am almost embarrassed to tell you that I own now 5 of them: my first H-150 (wine color; good wine color, by the way), a Little One (natural), two H-555 models (one in "burnt amber" and one in "antique natural" with split pickups, push-pull knobs) and a Black Beauty H-157. My favorite? I love them all, they all sound great and look awesome.

Thanks.

Fernando

... I am almost embarrassed to tell you that I own now 5 of them: my first H-150 (wine color; good wine color, by the way), a Little One (natural), two H-555 models (one in "burnt amber" and one in "antique natural" with split pickups, push-pull knobs) and a Black Beauty H-157. My favorite? I love them all, they all sound great and look awesome.

howdy, Fernando. not to worry. i've found 5 seems to be the magic number.

(except when it's 6. when i relocate & -acquire my old Millie Ltd Ed. B))

Great looking gold top , space. Welcome to the HOC.

That one looks like a great guitar with the vintage feel and sound that we love from Kalamazoo......

Join in, check out the galleries if you want and have some fun.