Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

I have a girlfriend who has a digital camera, maybe I can sweet-talk her into taking some pics of my guitar..The 'burst has a nice flame to it..

Hey Smurph1 here...Found out my guitar is a  Model 140..The serial # is B04703, which  means it was made in 1985, Nov 14, 3rd guitar made that day..I used the formula 365 minus the 47 in the serial to arrive at the date in November..It is nice to learn these things..

Hey Smurph1 here...Found out my guitar is a  Model 140..The serial # is B04703, which  means it was made in 1985, Nov 14, 3rd guitar made that day..I used the formula 365 minus the 47 in the serial to arrive at the date in November..It is nice to learn these things..

'And on the third day , they created a 140'

Hi Smurph1 here, I'm a bit confused by this whole message board, but I think I have the right place now?..Hopefully..LOL..My guitar is a 140 model made in 1985...The Serial # is B04703, which means it was made on November 14, The third guitar made that day..Is that right? You guys do the math..I think it's right..LOL..Have a good day..

Hi Smurph1 here, I'm a bit confused by this whole message board, but I think I have the right place now?..Hopefully..LOL..My guitar is a 140 model made in 1985...The Serial # is B04703, which means it was made on November 14, The third guitar made that day..Is that right? You guys do the math..I think it's right..LOL..Have a good day..

Well, except for posting the same message twice in the same room, yeah, you got it down.  8)

Kinda cool to find out you've got a real piece of history, eh? Any "B" serial number is one to hang on to. BTW, don't be shy about joining in on any of the other rooms: Family Tree, Heritage Guitars, posting a neat 'bay find in ... well, the Bay. Whatever.

Hi there,

Joe here (aka..Thumbs), I've been lurking here for awhile and finally joined-up. Lots of good info about Heritage Guitars and lots of pics that give me GAS  ;D.......I've had my Golden Eagle since 2003 and I would never part with it. I picked it up from J. Wolfe (great guy, imho)..anyway here are some pics of my GE and my X-170. Thanks for creating this forum.

Thumbs

hoc-1.gif

hoc-1.gif_thumb

hoc-2.gif

hoc-2.gif_thumb

GEosbT27901_3.jpg

GEosbT27901_3.jpg_thumb

GEosbT27901_4.jpg

GEosbT27901_4.jpg_thumb

Welcome, Mr. Thumbs.

Is your name a tribute to Wes?  If so, you've got the perfect axe to cop his licks with.  Gorgeous...and another OSB member.  8)

I've never seen a Golden Eagle with an input jack on the outer rim.  Most are in the end pin.  I much prefer the former. 

Thanks for the welcome, Brentrocks & Gitfiddler". 

"Thumbs" was hung on me by a guitar playing buddy when I first started playing because of my lack of skill

i.e. plays like he has 10 thumbs....and it stuck  (kind of truth in advertising at that time)

I've improved a little since then  ;D

Joe

Welcome thumbs..I dig your moniker..I have some news, Looks like in March I will be going to Parsons Street..I toured it in the 70's when it was owned by that "Other" Company..I have friends up there and they are so fired up about my B series H-140 that we are all taking a trip from Lansing over to Kalamazoo..Should be pretty cool..Also hopefully on Friday I should get some pic's of my Git-fiddle..If can just figure out how to post 'em..Maybe my friend can help me with that..But anyway..Have a good day, Keep pickin and grinnin..Smurph

I've already introduced myself at the 'normal' forum...

Some more info...

I'm from The Netherlands.

I live near Amsterdam... 0,5 hours by train to the Central Station.

Amsterdam is also the place where I bought my 535 with Vario Phase.... The guitar is still stunning.

I'm 40 years young now ;-) (the glass is half full ;-)

I've a Girlfriend and a very lovely boy who is 1 year old know.

I work as a traffic manager on a Advertising Agency, we also make many websites and applications.

(The question what I think about the Heritageguitars.com website... Hmmm... worse. It doesn't give the emagine of 'art' and 'Craftmanship'.

The website must 'inspire' people who are interested in The Heritage guitars. Whe know the high quality of the guitars, but a website must impress potential buyers!)

Once I hope to buy another The Heritage. Maybe a Stunning H 150.... or another 535!!!

This is my Axe:

width=600 height=400http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3844/img8875yq1.jpg[/img]

The website must 'inspire' people who are interested in The Heritage guitars. Whe know the high quality of the guitars, but a website must impress potential buyers!)

welcome!

I'm not sure I agree about the website. If Heritage is trying to become like Gibson, then yes. But you and I know the quality regardless of the website. I guess I'm fine with an 'artisan shop'. I found Heritage and bought a custom order without a fancy web page. Once you get a fancy web page, then you are obligated to maintain it, or hire someone to do so. Once you do that then you are further obligated to grow to pay your roster. I think the boys just want to make guitars and play golf, and that is fine. this keeps things in perspective.  I think growth can sometimes be over-rated.  This is the problem with modern capitalism, IMO- you become a slave to growth and begin compromising in order to maintain growth. Why can't we just be happy that there are some guys making guitars in Kalamazoo in the 'traditional' manner?

my 2 cents

Amen to COD65..I suffered through many a lackluster Gibson, trying to find the Les Paul my girlfriend's dad had in 1972..Never did find it, but got a BETTER guitar with my H-140..That sweet Allman Bros tone in spades!! Gibson is trying to keep the boys upstairs happy, while forgetting about who really matters..The Guitarist..Tom Petty's song "The Last DJ" not only applies to radio, but to corporate structure also..If you haven't heard it, pick it up..It is some of his best stuff in years..

Hey..What do I need to do to list the guitars I have in my profile? I tried going to my information, and adding it that way, no luck..can someone help me out?

Hey..What do I need to do to list the guitars I have in my profile? I tried going to my information, and adding it that way, no luck..can someone help me out?

Go to Profile/Profile Information You can add an avatar, add your equipment list, add a signature, etc.

Maybe we have in the Netherlands other 'criteria' for a website.

Also I work in the business, so I look to it in another way.

For example, a dutch Guitar builder, works on it's own and make beautiful craftmanship: http://www.dickdijkman-guitardesign.com/

I think a nice, friendly and low-profile website.

I agree that a website who is 'too fancy' is over the top... But you can do a lot with very nice pictures which are made in a creative way.

Of course it will cost money... but it can also trigger new customers, who are NOT familiar with The Heritage.

When you read the for example the 'Guitar Player' you are triggered by nice advertisements with fancy pictures... Yes??? I think you will.

In the same way this will work with a website... But the look and feel Must Breath the real and great craftmanship.

Okay... it's my opinion... But there are a lot of customers outside the USA who have maybe another opinion about this.

Don't get me wrong... I like your enthusiasm for The Heritage guitars, company and employees. But keep a clear opinion!!!

that is a beautiful website for sure.

I guess my point is that the guys at Heritage don't really seem to be trying to make a bigger name for themselves, and that could quite possibly be fine. I wouldn't doubt they are still back-ordered, and if you wanted something made you would find yourself in a queue . So maybe things are fine the way they are ?

I have certainly been lured in by good advertising, but that doesn't guarantee quality , satisfaction etc.

I like that Heritage is almost solely word-of-mouth. I think if you look at the Paul Reed Smith example you might get a taste of where things would go if the focus became something besides a bunch of old guys in an old factory who don't  use computers. And that would probably be Asia. G&L as well. Which is fine, I guess, but not really what I'm after in a guitar

I feel this is where the mojo is. I feel like this is the kind of thing that we need more of in our modern lives......... artisans!

BTW , I realize the website  could use a bit of something- at least in terms of  what is available , at the very least - but I ask you - waht do any of us- including Heritage employees really have to gain from it? I'm not so sure.

Sorry, I'm feeling rather post-capitalist these days, with the economies and all.

also- I've been to Holland several times and find I love the whole culture- in a way I feel like Europeans understand something about quality that is often lacking here- I respect that and want  the same for the US.  To me , Heritage fulfills part of that sentiment.

my 4 cents

again .... wecome! ;D