Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Hey Tulk1, thanks for that..I have no intention of altering my guitar, but the P-rails do sound interesting..I just wonder if it is trying to be all things to all people..I really like the mellowness of the stock pickups though..I am working on playing a "gig" at a local bookstore with some friends, and the H-140 seems to blend  well with the D-18 the other guitarist has..Have a good one ..PS I'm still working on getting some decent pics of my "Baby" LOL Hopefully soon..Smurph

Hey Tulk1, thanks for that..I have no intention of altering my guitar, but the P-rails do sound interesting..I just wonder if it is trying to be all things to all people..

that is true. They are good if you go to a gig and have 1 guitar and the tune needs a certain sound.  Most pickups I've tried that have single/double coil taps are pretty dull and the single coil sound ends up being weak and unusable. I have found that the p-rail (since one coil is quite bigger and different than the other) have been an effective compromise and actually have at least 3 very usable and different sounds. I am experimenting with 6 position switch on both my prails to cover ever possible combo in a circuit, but chances are a lot of these settings will be repeats of others, or just not so interesting.

But with the basic single, p90, and double  settings you get 3 really usable choices.

I need to replace the tuners on my 140, a couple of them like to slip quite a bit..I will keep the originals in case I ever want to sell it..(Highly unlikely) What are the chances that after 20+ years the tuners is actually stuck on the finish? If so, how do I loosen them..Maybe I am worrying about something that will never happen, but I guess I just want to make sure I do it right..Any thoughts? thanks..

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tom, I live north of Atlanta near the start of the Appalachian Trail. I am retired and the proud owner of a Sweet 16. If there are any folks that live in North Georgia and are interested in getting together to jam, drop me a line.

tom

Welcome to the Club, Tom! In order to get your plastic laminated, hand lettered membership card, you have to post pictures of your guitar!!!

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

OK, I'm kidding about getting the membership card...but, pics would be cool!  :afro:

Hi folks,

my 535 is still outstanding.

Voilà

Top and back....

Best regards

Bernhard

whoa! what is that finish called ?

Welcome to the Club, Tom! In order to get your plastic laminated, hand lettered membership card, you have to post pictures of your guitar!!!

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

OK, I'm kidding about getting the membership card...but, pics would be cool!   :afro:

I will have my better half take a few pics of the beauty - should have them in a few days

tom

;D

Hi,  I'm Dan, I live in Australia and have been collecting guitars for a while. Tomorrow I am expecting delivery of my first Heritage.  Its a H-170cm in Almond sunburst. I found it as NOS (new old stock) at Jacksons Rare guitars in Sydney at 50% off recommended retail price. 

Dandownunder

86 - westone spectrum st

88 - fender HM strat

90 - gibson 67 reissue flying v

96 - gibson les paul studio

99 - maton mastersound 526 deluxe

01 - maton EM325C

02 - rickenbacker 620

03 - fender custom tele 62 reissue

04 - fender 50th anniversary american series stratocaster

04 - gibson les paul faded dc

?? - heritage h-170cm (on its way!!!)

;D

Hi,  I'm Dan, I live in Australia and have been collecting guitars for a while. Tomorrow I am expecting delivery of my first Heritage.  Its a H-170cm in Almond sunburst. I found it as NOS (new old stock) at Jacksons Rare guitars in Sydney at 50% off recommended retail price. 

Dandownunder

86 - westone spectrum st

88 - fender HM strat

90 - gibson 67 reissue flying v

96 - gibson les paul studio

99 - maton mastersound 526 deluxe

01 - maton EM325C

02 - rickenbacker 620

03 - fender custom tele 62 reissue

04 - fender 50th anniversary american series stratocaster

04 - gibson les paul faded dc

?? - heritage h-170cm (on its way!!!)

Hi Dan and Welcome to the HOC. I'm in Ireland and got my first Heritage about 18 months ago now ... number six is on the way now ! ( also a 170 by the way)

They are addictive to say the least, your first will most likely not be your last.

Oh and when you get your 170 be sure to post pics, the "natives" around her tend to get restless if they don't see nice pictures  8)

width=150 height=113 alt=P2240200http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/1786-2/P2240200.JPG[/img]

Well she has arrived!!

Hopefully if I have done it right there is a pic of my H-170cm ALSB that arrived today. I just bought it as 'new old stock' and the serial number starts with a 'U' thats 2004 isn't it? I believe that was the last year of manufacture of the H-170. So its been sitting in the guitar shop for about 5 years just waiting for me to buy her.

Actually this is the first Heritage I have seen in the flesh...and I own it!!  Hmmm think I might go play some more...

• 2 weeks later...

Mornin Folks..Last night I pulled out the old H-140 and put on Neil Young's "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" I jammed along to "Down By The River"..I ran my Tube Screamer through my old Gibsonette amp..WOW..I was transported back to the early 70's..The thing sounded thick and smooth, with just the right amount of bite..I felt like I was 18 again..It is so nice to find a guitar that I really Love..Haven't felt that way in years..Heritage Rocks!!!..