Heritage Owners Club

thinking of going to jupiter

eljay

neptune is too far away . . . :icon_santa:

the one guitar not to be found on me wall is a 535

i was lucky enough to play yoslate's example last august and it sorta left a lasting impression of the very good kind

sold my es335; it came from musician's friend and i concluded it was something of a dud

right now, wolfe has a tantalizingly large number of 535s and some of them are so gorgeous as to incite lust

i'm coming to the point of view that playing several guitars and listening carefully to their sound is the enlightened way for me to spend more money

wolfe's $1799 plaintop models hold some appeal, too, but the ones i'm really eyeing are the "call for price" units; haven't yet called

i'm under the impression that no other H dealer has near the inventory that wolfe does

your comments and advice most welcome! eljay

Got my 535 used but it is from Wolfe's. A good one I like to think.

Good to hear your 335 was a dud..currently fighting illogical 335 GAS. Possibly from being guitarless for a week. My 535 is wonderful but I gravitate towards my solid body guits.

right now, wolfe has a tantalizingly large number of 535s and some of them are so gorgeous as to incite lust

Yes they do! I've never seen so many Heritage guitars in one place at one time. You are too late to get this one (below) but they have plenty more. 535's are well worth owning. Probably one of those things where you say to yourself, how did I ever get along without one? Do it!! Get one!!

H535_1782x1280.jpg

H535_1786x1280.jpg

Jay has the largest inventory and knows what we like and how to price it. The plain tops make no difference in sound or playability, they just cost less. Been to the shop a couple of times and purchased my 150, 137, 575 and 147 from Graham / Jay. If they have a 535 that appeals to you call and ask Graham about the neck and finish. I have a Xmas party in Jupitor on the 25th and would gladly stop in and check out a particular guitar if the logistics work out. They are a retailer and we are baby boomers so we like to haggle so there is some wiggle room. I kind of feel like I screwed the pouch on the in progress photo thing. If you have been to the shop they have lots of walkin customers and the phone rings non stop. As far as I know with only Jay and Graham doing sales and Graham doing setups (installing pickguards) I doubt they have the time to call 225 Parsons and keep check on custom orders like a smaller dealer. If someone has customers waiting and the phone ringing they might say something that turns out to be not exactly true. Photos are worth a thousand words. So the shots of a finished Eagle, a first time Heritage buyer and forum poster that started a thread while being on the verge of cancelling his order was IMO why Heritage will back their largest dealer. I felt like that poster did not understand what Yoslate and others were saying about the wait and orders getting delayed... just roll with it, it's worth it. Anyone notice the OP never commented once shots of his completed Eagle were posted?

My rant. Sorry for a semi hollow hijack Larry.

Yes they do! I've never seen so many Heritage guitars in one place at one time. You are too late to get this one (below) but they have plenty more. 535's are well worth owning. Probably one of those things where you say to yourself, how did I ever get along without one? Do it!! Get one!!

H535_1782x1280.jpg

H535_1786x1280.jpg

yours is still up on wolfe's site and it is beyond spectacular. way to go!

Sweet guitars!

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when - and you won't regret it.

The design change of moving the jack to a reinforced rim reminds me that they know what they're doing in Kalamazoo.

An obligatory pic

2d63cadfcf0ffce07db24287c0ee271e_zps580d

I've ordered(from Italy) my Custom H535 from JW

they did a good job assisting me for the custom order and especially the shipping

only one thing I do not like it's their designed pickguard

I much prefer the original

the finish I choose is Almond Sunburst, just like you can see it from the specs page

but when JW emailed me the picture I was speachless about the flametop, and when it arrived and had tat flame top in front of me I got breathless :)

as Hangar18 said "Probably one of those things where you say to yourself, how did I ever get along without one?" ...right

if you can, go get yours and enjoy it :)

Make sure, when you see the Jupiter price, that your sphincter doesn't Titan. :)

That's a long way to go but with their warm weather it's certainly worth the trip. Keep us abreast of your developments and send photos of coconuts please.

Make sure, when you see the Jupiter price, that your sphincter doesn't Titan. :)

That's a long way to go but with their warm weather it's certainly worth the trip. Keep us abreast of your developments and send photos of coconuts please.

Larry, Steiner brings up a good point, you've gotta make sure you tell Jay that you are a well respected member of the HOC, and then you might be able to keep a couple of dollars in your pocket.

Greg, don't you have Jupiter confused with another gas giant? Everyone knows in our solo system your sphincter titans around Urannis.

Sorry I went a long way for that one.

Guest HRB853370

Larry, if new prices are keeping you away, keep looking on the used market. I had two, and down to one now, but both I got used at a fantastic price, both under $1500.

Greg, don't you have Jupiter confused with another gas giant? Everyone knows in our solo system your sphincter titans around Urannis.

Sorry I went a long way for that one.

Excellent! a long way perhaps but you got there.

It'll give ElJay something to smile about as he travels. :)

Gads, I feel guilty not having ever been there, I'm only an hour and a half south. Maybe someday, but my Prospect and 575 keep my pretty happy, but there is always the possibility of a sexy Eagle, Milly, sweet 16 or 525 that could woo me into another :-)

Archived