Heritage Owners Club

Wolfis' 555

SouthpawGuy

Nice looking "ripple triple nickle."  Those are the perfect knobs for it's color scheme too.

almost reminds one of a guild Starfire

Wolfi,

your H535 is beautiful, does it play as nicely as it looks?

Z

Oh yes. It plays and sounds very well. There is only one thing I'm about to change: I wanna swap the bridge and the tailpiece. As a tailpiece I use a Duesenberg aluminium stop tailpiece. As a bridge I use a Faber bridge, made from Titan (the saddles). It gives me more sustain and more tone in the higher freqencies. The former roller bridge is a bit of a sustain killer. But even with that roller bridge, the guitar sounds really good.

No problem at all Wolfi !

Did you get them from a dealer in Germany or on Ebay ? Heritage guitars are hard to come by in Europe.

The 150 and the 555 were baywatch, the 535 was a private trade. I have the german Heritage importer not more than 30 min. away from my place. But when the Heritage addiction came over me, his stock Heritages were not the ones I dreamed of. I guess he had a lot of backorders at that time. Now it looks much better (www.realguitars.com)

The 150 and the 555 were baywatch, the 535 was a private trade. I have the german Heritage importer not more than 30 min. away from my place. But when the Heritage addiction came over me, his stock Heritages were not the ones I dreamed of. I guess he had a lot of backorders at that time. Now it looks much better (www.realguitars.de)

My local dealer is www.realguitars.de. It's not .com :)

I wanna swap the bridge and the tailpiece. As a tailpiece I use a Duesenberg aluminium stop tailpiece. As a bridge I use a Faber bridge, made from Titan (the saddles). It gives me more sustain and more tone in the higher freqencies. The former roller bridge is a bit of a sustain killer. But even with that roller bridge, the guitar sounds really good.

Finally the job is done. We had some trouble with the bridge, because it was only available in nickel. My good friend and repair man  did a great job. He pulled the titan saddles out of the Faber bridge and stuck them into the golden Duesenberg bridge. After he did a perfect set up, I had the chance to play my red beast. I found out the change of the (rollers) bridge and the tailpiece really payed off. Thanks to the titan saddles and  the aluminium bridge, my 555 gained more sustain plus  the tone seems to be thicker than it was before.

Finally the job is done. We had some trouble with the bridge, because it was only available in nickel. My good friend and repair man  did a great job. He pulled the titanium saddles out of the Faber bridge and stuck them into the golden Duesenberg bridge. After he did a perfect set up, I had the chance to play my red beast. I found out the change of the (rollers) bridge and the tailpiece really payed off. Thanks to the titanium saddles and  the aluminium bridge, my 555 gained more sustain plus  the tone seems to be thicker than it was before.

• 1 month later...

Mission completed (finally)

My translucend cherry H 555 is now ready to rock.

We again changed the bridge and I now use a Duesenberg bridge and that Duesenberg aluminium tailpiece, which gave more sustain and a bit wider tonal range to the guitar.

Now we replaced the Schaller pickups with SD Seth Lovers and I have a new guitar now :)

Now it's a real red tone monster. The sound is much warmer than it was before. The 555 now sounds more open and much "bigger" (even our deaf bass player noticed this :o

Anyway, it's like I finally found my home.

Cheers

Wolfi

Archived