Heritage Owners Club

Parsons St. Pickups

skydog52

http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/product/5408

I was cruising StewMac and came across these.

Anybody use them?

I haven't tried 'em... but they are interesting.

"Crafted to vintage PAF specifications:

Nickel silver cover for tone transparency

1.97" (50.04mm) polepiece spacing

Authentic polepiece dimensions

Original-style plain enameled AWG42 coil wire

Black paper coil tape

Wooden spacer

Choice of Alnico 2 or Alnico 5 magnet

Nickel-silver baseplate

Single-conductor braided-shield hookup wire"

Another PAF designed just like the originals because no one is currently doing that. :love1: Isn't that market just about flooded?

I've got to agree with that... and there are a lot of good ones .... but hey, these say Parsons Street... I have to like that...!

With their good prices ... I'd try them.

I actually did try a pair of these. Not ones that said "Parsons Street" but did try the Golden Age Pups in an Ibanez. They sounded pretty good. In fact they were really nice and had a cool vintage tone through a fender Blues DeVille. Couldn't resist the price. Don't have it any more but did enjoy it.

I like their after Parsons Street. Anyone want to make book on whether it's actually registered?

I suppose legally they could call it a Parson's Street pick up because after all, Parson's St. is just a street, even if it is the holy grail of guitar making.

I'd like to see a head to head PAF comparison of Parsons St., Golden Age, Schallers and HRW's.

Yes... that would be intriguing... to discover which ones are similar and which quite different.

But then again, a lot of those pickup comparisons end up trying to split hairs on whose tone is "better". I'd probably like them all, just interested in the small differences, if any.

if I had a beater laying around I could put em in, I might give em a try..But I ain't taking the Seths out of the 535..(or the Schallers out of the 140 for that matter) man I'm cranky today.. <_<

I'd like to see a head to head PAF comparison of Parsons St., Golden Age, Schallers and HRW's.

Where the Schallers described at one time as Golden 50's? I've heard on the web that the Stew mac Goldens are made in Korea don't know if that true or not.

Archived