Heritage Owners Club

New Amp Day! Yes I spelled it out.

pressure

I posted in another thread that I was going to look at a Metro last Saturday and I did. I went to a new for me Music shop called Fat Tone Guitars in Northbrook Illinois because they are a Tone King dealer and had a Metro in stock. IN STOCK a bad sign for an impulse buyer. Nice store friendly, knowledgeable guys. Heard it, liked it, bought it. I was on a list at Make' n' Music for a Swart to replace my Victoria Champ but with the power scaling feature on the Metro it works fine as a quiet amp. So I traded in the Champ and a Kendrick Reverb unit for the Metro. I was also going to trade in the Victoria Deluxe but man it's a Deluxe, so that didn't happen. How many people buy a 40 watt amp to replace a 5 watter, crazy huh. I got it home, hooked it up and plugged in my H150p. Sounds good and does what I want. It will take some time to tweek the various knobs to get the sounds I'm after but it is very promising. Don't know how it will sound with the Strat. It came with an instruction book, I've never gotten an amp with a book. It has 2 channels Rythm for cleans and Lead for Gain, Reverb all foot swichable. So far I have the volume on 2. If I think of anything else I'll try to update this post.

"Tone King" Has a nice ring to it. Kind of makes you want to plug in. Congrats!

Meet you at the BW.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've played with the Amp for a few days now and I love it.

The clean tones are great as is the reverb but I've been playing at low volume. The gain tones are true tube drive but at the volume I've been playing (like -0) it is kind of strange.

I relate low volume gain tone to a Dinosaur the size of a chihuahua, somethings not quite right. You expect a Dinosaur to be huge and when it's tiny everything seems odd.

Thanks for your positive response.

Great sounding amp!Love the clean side. Very rich...

Archived