Heritage Owners Club

NGD H-357 Firebird

High Flying Bird

img_2897_std.jpg

Hey Ron,

I don't know if you found a hardshell case for it yet.

I bought a Epiphone hardshell case from zsounds and it fit mine perfectly. Took a chance and it worked out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ps. She didnt come from Heritage with that soft case did she???

Yep. They make so few of these that they don't have a case made for them. I tried to get TKL to make a case but they were so disorganized I let it go. I also tried Access Case & Bag Co. but they didn't have a case for it either. I guess I will go with the Epiphone case Skydog mentions below.

You've created a masterpiece Ron. With your keen photographic eye you've come up with a color scheme I never could've imagined.

Either keep it in the family as an heirloom, or donate it to the Smithsonian as playable art. Just stunning. Congratulations dude.

Guest HRB853370

Hahaha......... OK no more holding out.

The neck is nice and slim and since I didn't have the fretboard bound it is really wide. I wanted it to look the color of a Redtail hawks feathers. I think they did good.

The rest of the story.... and photos.

img_2896_std.jpg

Your a "righty", right? Why does the headstock look upside down, ala Hendrix?

Hey Ron,

I don't know if you found a hardshell case for it yet.

I bought a Epiphone hardshell case from zsounds and it fit mine perfectly. Took a chance and it worked out.

Let me just add that cases for these things are enormous! My Firebird case is actually bigger than the one for my ES-1275 doubleneck!!

Guest HRB853370

The more I look at it the more I like it, or actually love it. I answered my own question but going to a guitar book I have. Apparently these were made with the tuners facing down, except they didn't sell very well, so there were some models that were made reverse headstock.

Didn't Allen Collins play a G Firebird?

The more I look at it the more I like it, or actually love it. I answered my own question but going to a guitar book I have. Apparently these were made with the tuners facing down, except they didn't sell very well, so there were some models that were made reverse headstock.

Man Will, there is so much variety on the Firebirds I get dizzy trying to remember it. Here is a short history of them. And a pic of my first electric the Firebird non-reverse.

Wikibird Article

3292871768_6fdf23696f_z.jpg?zz=1

Guest HRB853370

Man Will, there is so much variety on the Firebirds I get dizzy trying to remember it. Here is a short history of them. And a pic of my first electric the Firebird non-reverse.

Wikibird Article

3292871768_6fdf23696f_z.jpg?zz=1

Thanks Bird, education is all GOOD!

Thanks Bird, education is all GOOD!

You keep learning from the Bird, you'd better expect a 5lb bag of "good" burning on your doorstep...

Sir Bird - Does Heritage know that Gilson copied their 357 design? You should have included a shot of yours to contrast & compare. I wholeheartedly prefer yours!

Guest HRB853370

You keep learning from the Bird, you'd better expect a 5lb bag of "good" burning on your doorstep...

Sir Bird - Does Heritage know that Gilson copied their 357 design? You should have included a shot of yours to contrast & compare. I wholeheartedly prefer yours!

"Good What" Steiner?

After being out of town for a few days, it's interesting to see what new axes you guys are playing with. I've enjoyed the music played on G. Firebirds from Johnny Winter and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. Even early Bob Seger and Del Shannon played them at times. Looks like your Heritage H357 is at the top of the Firebird food chain. Looks like another great custom job.

Archived