Heritage Owners Club

NGD H-357 Firebird

High Flying Bird

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh.....what is this a 1920s striptease?

Hahaha......... OK no more holding out.

The neck is nice and slim and since I didn't have the fretboard bound it is really wide. I wanted it to look the color of a Redtail hawks feathers. I think they did good.

The rest of the story.... and photos.

img_2896_std.jpg

Ron, congratulations! That guitar just gives me shivers up and down my back. What a beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful instrument. I've a new screen background, but can't decide if it's that backside view w/the stinger and long headstock or the close up front body shot. And I see you've incorporated the K'zooRocks accepted photo background.

Thanks for sharing your story, from order point to receipt. Wonderful pics and prose (which, of course, is expected from 'da bird).

Beautiful!! I'm not sure I would change anything about that guitar, but I can enthusiastically recommend the Steinberger tuners. I replaced the tuners on my Firebird with those and they were a big-time upgrade. I notice these are now standard on the new Firebirds. The standard tuners you have will be just fine, but the Steinberger tuners tune from behind, like the banjo tuners, so you get that particular "look."

Hahaha......... OK no more holding out.

The neck is nice and slim and since I didn't have the fretboard bound it is really wide. I wanted it to look the color of a Redtail hawks feathers. I think they did good.

The rest of the story.... and photos.

img_2896_std.jpg

Wow Ron!! How's she sound?

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. I have been getting soccer photos ready. Tonight I will make the walls bleed.

Beautiful!! I'm not sure I would change anything about that guitar, but I can enthusiastically recommend the Steinberger tuners. I replaced the tuners on my Firebird with those and they were a big-time upgrade. I notice these are now standard on the new Firebirds. The standard tuners you have will be just fine, but the Steinberger tuners tune from behind, like the banjo tuners, so you get that particular "look."

I thought about those. I read some reviews that scared me away from them. People complain that the tend to slip on unwound strings. I wished I would have talked to you, but what the heck. It'll do.

Archived