Heritage Owners Club

My H-150 Gets a Makeover

ExNihilo

Wow! You guys are a bunch of douchebags! Was thinking of buying a Heritage....not anymore! Scott is one of the finest luthiers in North America. He knows more about building a "set neck single cut" guitar than anyone on this forum. He offers his hand as a gesture of friendship and you guys absolutely slay him to defend that ugly ass headstock! If Heritage legally "could" make a guitar with the open book headstock, I guaran-damn-tee you they would do it because it is a part of the classic look and feel of those great guitars built in Kalamazoo so long ago.

You all suck ass!

good bye.

OUCH..Live and learn, I guess..

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! You guys are a bunch of douchebags! Was thinking of buying a Heritage....not anymore! Scott is one of the finest luthiers in North America. He knows more about building a "set neck single cut" guitar than anyone on this forum. He offers his hand as a gesture of friendship and you guys absolutely slay him to defend that ugly ass headstock! If Heritage legally "could" make a guitar with the open book headstock, I guaran-damn-tee you they would do it because it is a part of the classic look and feel of those great guitars built in Kalamazoo so long ago.

You all suck ass!

good bye.

even though my friend's Kate and Chris might argue with you about the best set neck thing.

Well kids, do we deserve this......

I would say yes.. This is a cool thread and build... give the guy credit.

You all suck ass!

good bye.

I'm going to try to say this in a way that won't cause me too much negative feed back from the administrators . . . . . fuck you man!!! And then Fuck you again. If you've got any friends fuck them too. And fuck the horse you rode in on!!! Read all the posts you ass hole!!! We embraced this guy. We disagreed with his actions, but we acknowledged it was his decision to make them. Then we moved on. Do yourself a favor . . . you should move on too. Just in case I've left you with any doubt . . . . fuck you and the horse you rode in on!!!!

Hey Scott, hope you will stick around. This is generally a pretty good bunch of folks to talk guitar with, but we do have our bad moments from time to time. Just have to overlook em and not take it to heart.

Agreed!

Sure would like to see more pics of the build, as well as future builds

Plus I am sure you are extremely knowledgable, and would be a great benefit to all of us here to have you around

even though my friend's Kate and Chris might argue with you about the best set neck thing.

Well kids, do we deserve this......

I would say yes.. This is a cool thread and build... give the guy credit.

i like the guit. a lot. think the headstock treatment is funny, well-done, & enjoyed it, hope Scott sticks around.

but his redking buddy is welcome to stay the $#@! away, if only for painting all of us with a brush rightly reserved for a few. oh, yeah - and the nonsense about being "one of the finest luthiers in North America". that's extremely rare company enjoyed by a very few, all of whom have wide & deep experience - something Scott never claimed.

(IMHO, of course)

B)

You all suck ass!

good bye.

Classy first post, way to go. You really did a lot of help for your fiend.

Let me just say one more thing, the OP asked for OUR opinion & thoughts. Some liked his guitar, others didn't. I didn't care for his "Well, I make the best guitars, I know this might make you guys mad...". Well, Dude, if you thought it was going to make us mad WHY DID YOU SAY THAT??? AND WHY DO YOU SEEM AMAZED THAT I ACTUALLY DID GET MAD LIKE YOU PREDICTED???

Remember he asked US for our opinions. He didn't like the answers and got mad.

Sorry, this is GROWN UP forum.

Wow, just unbelievable!

Agreed!

Sure would like to see more pics of the build, as well as future builds

Plus I am sure you are extremely knowledgable, and would be a great benefit to all of us here to have you around

nicely put. i'd 'specially be interested in hearing him on the "factory vs. hand-made" and "BGD" threads, for starters...

I'm going to try to say this in a way that won't cause me too much negative feed back from the administrators . . . . . fuck you man!!! And then Fuck you again. If you've got any friends fuck them too. And fuck the horse you rode in on!!! Read all the posts you ass hole!!! We embraced this guy. We disagreed with his actions, but we acknowledged it was his decision to make them. Then we moved on. Do yourself a favor . . . you should move on too. Just in case I've left you with any doubt . . . . fuck you and the horse you rode in on!!!!

I love it! I'll share the wrath of the admin with ya on this one. The guys been a member for something like 8 months and was "thinking" about buying a Heritage but hadn't even bothered to post here? Get lost!!

OK.. having said that I hope that Scott hangs around. Your talent in guitar building speaks for itself. I'm not sure that the headstock alteration is something I like but it's your guitar. The pictures of your other efforts are outstanding. I'd like to play one or more of your builds sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Guest HRB853370

:icon_clown:

You must enjoy what you are doing, and you do it well.

What I don't get is why you didn't do the makeover on a H150 that's road worn.

Don't get me wrong: the fewer clownbursts on Earth, the happier God is.

Mark, just for saying that, I am going to sell you my 2001 clownburst 150!

:icon_clown:

Guest mgoetting

We're a sassy group, alright.

It's not too bright denying yourself a great guitar because of comments on a forum. I'd suggest you get the Heritage and keep tormenting us with posts. That would piss us off more than just leaving and you'd have a fine axe.

Guest mgoetting

We're a sassy group, alright.

It's not too bright denying yourself a great guitar because of comments on a forum. I'd suggest you get the Heritage and keep tormenting us with posts. That would piss us off more than just leaving and you'd have a fine axe.

Don't be a pussy Scott. If you don't piss off a bunch of people here you really ain't family. God knows I have a way with the typed word. Thank goodness you don't have to hear my mouth.

I don't see what you did with the 150 as any different than somebody customizing a car. Since you were up front about the job I don't feel any, "creep looking into my child's window," vibes going on. You do good work.

I know some of these people personally and I have to say that there isn't anybody here that I wouldn't be happy to see again. Maybe you will join us next summer in Kzoo for PSP4 and we can all laugh at the awkward introduction.

i like the guit. a lot. think the headstock treatment is funny, well-done, & enjoyed it, hope Scott sticks around.

but his redking buddy is welcome to stay the $#@! away, if only for painting all of us with a brush rightly reserved for a few. oh, yeah - and the nonsense about being "one of the finest luthiers in North America". that's extremely rare company enjoyed by a very few, all of whom have wide & deep experience - something Scott never claimed.

(IMHO, of course)

B)

You are totally right. Upon further review, only Patrick and Kuz are total douchebags. The rest of you guys were decent to him, and I apologize to you.

BTW, Scott has been basically educating hundreds of guys on how to build guitars (for free) at another forum by posting detailed threads and awesome videos. He is highly regarded over there and by his many customers. I'm sure he has sold axes for upwards of $15k or more to customers that speak the world of him. He just doesn't blow his own horn about it like some other guys would.

Are you on MLP? get off now! Kinda a crappy place bro...

HOC is much better.

Anyway as im full of opinions right now, i have to say i dont think you really wanted a Heritage. And this is coming from a guy who just changed almost every single nut and bolt on a H-157. Recarve the top? Redo the finish? Cut and glue the head stock?

Hahahahajajajajja

This has got to be a joke hread for all he head stock threads & posts on HOC.

Im afraid i find it too hard to believe, even with the photos.

If this is real, you obvi a talented guy but perhaps a bit misdirected. The most intelligent and efficient way to do this job would have been to aquire a guitar that said GIBSON on it!

Buhahahahahaha

Ok sorry, im done.

I'm sorry but I just have to say a few things.

I started reading the post yesterday evening and went to bed thinking about it.

First I was with the majority of the guys here: it is his guitar and he can do with it what he wants.

This morning I was a little bit shocked about how emotional this post has become.

I have to say that I can fully understand the emotions that this post created.

And I am not totaly free of emotions myself.

So lying in bed last night and thinking about Scotts work, there were two hearts pounding in my chest:

1. great work and craftmanship!

2. his words and his work are not connected!

So I'm afraid I have to say the following:

Scott you said "I just want you to know that I love and respect Heritage guitars."

No! You don't love and respect Heritage guitars. But we do.

You changed the top shape of the guitar and even worse you disfigured the headstock to a G***** lookalike toy.

If you would love and respect Heritage guitars you wouldn't have done this IMO.

Remind yourself that Heritage guitars are built by luthiers like yourself.

But like the others I encourage you to stay here in this forum.

Maybe we can convince you that these guitars are unique and stand for their own.

A H-150 is a H-150. It's a Les Paul style guitar but it's not a Les Paul copy. That's a big difference!

Patrick I'm really a fan of yours. I always admire your words.

A lot of times I didn't need to reply because you already said what I would I have liked to say.

So your reply (you know which one I mean) really caught me by surprise.

I have to say that these words didn't suit you at all. So next time I would like to read the "old" Patrick again.

Just one comment on the "redking" guy: for a first post this is a no go!

Maybe the Administrator will take care of it.

I always respected this forum for the fairness and the respectful and proper handling of topics.

I would like to keep it this way!

Thanks for reading,

Guido

Dont be upset or depressed. No one here can speak for the guys at Heritage. I cant even begin know to what they would think about your mods or any of the posts on this thread. It really is your guitar to do what you want.

Youve done great work. Be happy about it. I would be.

+10 I completely support your words here.

I wonder about patent infringement in making replicas. Maybe someone here is a lawyer. I think Gibson or Heritage could maybe get a cease and desist order, but that would cost them time and money. And they would need to show damages if they sue for money. There are little or no negative financial implications from a solo luthier making Gibson or Heritage knock offs. So I wonder how that would play out. I doubt either company would bother.

I don't think that any large corporation would go after one guy for building two or three replica's for his own use, too much trouble.

But here's a true story: A couple or so years back in Scotland, an ordinary guy who had the Scottish name 'McDonald' had been trading (as what you American's call a mom & pop business) in a Scottish town as a sandwich shop, with his family name above the shop, and was known as "McDonald's".

Along come the corporate filth from Macdonalds and set a law suit against the man. No wonder so many people loath what Macdonalds stand for, I won't go anywhere near the place. Anyway, I digress.

Scott, those guitars you posted pictures of look incredible, I'd love something like that. The plain top one looked fabulous - it's funny, it just had that "less is more - far more" about it, although the vintage flame tops looked fantastic. I'd buy one of your guitars anyday if I could afford one... So many guitars, so little money. Anyway, great having you here, make sure you stay here.

I will say here and now, I do not think you have said any thing or done anything to cause me offence, where I come from, in Yorkshire, we are known to be very to the point, and many of my American family (which out number the British side of the family) don't half go round the houses to avoid upsetting people!! They are just trying to be nice.

I know Kuz has been very forthright, but he is one of the nicest guys on this forum, Patrick is like a machine gun, a no holds barred sort of guy and says what he thinks and means what he says....

You are totally right. Upon further review, only Patrick and Kuz are total douchebags. The rest of you guys were decent to him, and I apologize to you.

BTW, Scott has been basically educating hundreds of guys on how to build guitars (for free) at another forum by posting detailed threads and awesome videos. He is highly regarded over there and by his many customers. I'm sure he has sold axes for upwards of $15k or more to customers that speak the world of him. He just doesn't blow his own horn about it like some other guys would.

Boy, I don't get it. DID YOU READ MY POSTS????

All I objected to was what Scott said that many of us would get upset. Preferenced by saying many would get mad about him saying that his guitars are better than Heritage or Gibson. He then clarified that by saying that is what some of his customers say. Heritage guitars have the most experienced Luthiers in the world. The owners have been making guitars since the late '50s. Scott has been making them for 3 years. He clarified his point, let's move on.

Scott, appropriately, reintroduced himself and I was the FIRST to welcome him there.

I was interested in his work, so I FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE of going to the MY LP forum to see the build. It was there where I saw him post the link to our HOC site with everyone's comments.

I have not once even commented on his customized Heritage.

Being a Christian, I refuse to do this back and forth verbal assault with you. Reread only my posts and you can see I have been consistent.

If you do decide to stick around here, it is my hope you will have an open mind to all opinions stated, not just the ones you like, and stop hurling insults at others that have different opinions than yours!!

If you do decide to stick around here, it is my hope you will have an open mind to all opinions stated, not just the ones you like, and stop hurling insults at others that have different opinions than yours!!

+1 Kuz

I just wanted to show two comments from our new "friend" on the MLP Forum:

Hi Scott

Sorry about your experience over there! Long story short, you are awesome, and they suck.

I just tendered my resignation at their joint.

Keep Given'r and love all your build threads! You are a seriously talented man!

RK

---

I just call 'em (he means us) as I see 'em. Besides....you can't get a good Slashtone with a Heritage anyways!!

Boy, I don't get it. DID YOU READ MY POSTS????

All I objected to was what Scott said that many of us would get upset. Preferenced by saying many would get mad about him saying that his guitars are better than Heritage or Gibson. He then clarified that by saying that is what some of his customers say. Heritage guitars have the most experienced Luthiers in the world. The owners have been making guitars since the late '50s. Scott has been making them for 3 years. He clarified his point, let's move on.

Scott, appropriately, reintroduced himself and I was the FIRST to welcome him there.

I was interested in his work, so I FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE of going to the MY LP forum to see the build. It was there where I saw him post the link to our HOC site with everyone's comments.

I have not once even commented on his customized Heritage.

Being a Christian, I refuse to do this back and forth verbal assault with you. Reread only my posts and you can see I have been consistent.

John, the post isn't worth replying to, Redking doesn't know you and he has obviously fired off a knee jerk re action in defence of his friend, for all we know, Scott is probably wishing Redking would not post such inflamatory posts. Scott seems a really good guy and wondering what this is all about.

Redking, if you want to be part of the forum, it's no problem to me, and if you let something as trivial as a post or thread on a forum stop you buying s superb guitar, then step back and think if you are not cutting your nose off to spite your face. But if, as some of us suspect, you are just here to make unpleasant attacks on people who we know to be good guys, this is not what we are about here. The choice is yours, but if you choose to stay, get to know us before you attack us, verbally or otherwise. Ok Fresh starts every one?

I'm sorry but I just have to say a few things.

I started reading the post yesterday evening and went to bed thinking about it.

First I was with the majority of the guys here: it is his guitar and he can do with it what he wants.

This morning I was a little bit shocked about how emotional this post has become.

I have to say that I can fully understand the emotions that this post created.

And I am not totaly free of emotions myself.

So lying in bed last night and thinking about Scotts work, there were two hearts pounding in my chest:

1. great work and craftmanship!

2. his words and his work are not connected!

So I'm afraid I have to say the following:

Scott you said "I just want you to know that I love and respect Heritage guitars."

No! You don't love and respect Heritage guitars. But we do.

You changed the top shape of the guitar and even worse you disfigured the headstock to a G***** lookalike toy.

If you would love and respect Heritage guitars you wouldn't have done this IMO.

Remind yourself that Heritage guitars are built by luthiers like yourself.

But like the others I encourage you to stay here in this forum.

Maybe we can convince you that these guitars are unique and stand for their own.

A H-150 is a H-150. It's a Les Paul style guitar but it's not a Les Paul copy. That's a big difference!

Patrick I'm really a fan of yours. I always admire your words.

A lot of times I didn't need to reply because you already said what I would I have liked to say.

So your reply (you know which one I mean) really caught me by surprise.

I have to say that these words didn't suit you at all. So next time I would like to read the "old" Patrick again.

Just one comment on the "redking" guy: for a first post this is a no go!

Maybe the Administrator will take care of it.

I always respected this forum for the fairness and the respectful and proper handling of topics.

I would like to keep it this way!

Thanks for reading,

Guido

Guido . . . I appreciate this post from you, as I feel it is totally accurate. I took the time to reread some of the posts. I must agree with Scott when he said "everything I say here seems to go the wrong way". Kuz was very put off by Scott's misinterpreted statement that "his guitars are better than anything that Heritage or Gibson is putting out". I too initially found that to be arrogant. Having reread that post . . . what Scott actually said was "my replicas go way beyond what Heritage and Gibson are putting out". Now that I've revisited the context in which that statement was made, it's clear to me that his statement of "way beyond" referenced his attention to the detail of more accurately replicating the real deal '59 bursts. Not at all an arrogant statement.

I also agree with your comments that Scott was trying to turn his 150 into a Gibson. If he chose any design other than a Gibson, I don't think anyone would have cared. As I said in my first post to Scott . . . the 4th reply to his original post . . . he just acted before he actually understood the whole head stock issue.

Regarding the post from me that you found to be offensive .. . I agree , it was, and I regret that. I offer an open apology to all here on HOC . . . especially the mods and the admin, for the language I used. It was an overly emotional reaction to what I felt was an attack on all of my friends here on HOC. Unfortunately, in doing so, I lowered myself to that Redking guy's level. Hopefully I'll show better judgment and more restraint if I ever get that pissed off again.

Archived