Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H 140 Chicago Rocker project 95% complete

brentrocks

I picked up an orphan 1988 Chicago Rocker that had never been put together, form a local cat that must have scored it from the factory many years ago. I have been collecting parts for the past couple weeks and finally put it together last night.

this is what i started with...

P1010557.jpg

P1010559.jpg

P1010560.jpg

AFTER...

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

I still need to get some control plates and a truss rod cover...that why i say its 95% done. I put a SD Distortion in the bridge and a HRW in the neck, CTS 500k pots, .022 NOS PIO caps and grover tuners. I had to order a retro fit Kahler 7200 "killer" trem because of the 55mm post spacing, but it seems to work great so far. Its a project that i really enjoyed and i ended up with a basicly NOS 80s H 140 (except for some notro checking on the body and a few lil dings) with a minimal investment. It was fun to see it come together.

That is pretty sweet! I've wanted as a guilty pleasure of sorts, a guitar for high-gain w/ a tremolo, and that looks pretty awesome! That's been put on the backburner a bit, but sometime in the distant future I'd still kind of like to have a nice "shredder" of sorts. It seems like it would be a fun project. I'm not huge on red guitars, but this red w/ black binding & hardware is pretty nice. Actually, your trans-red is really pretty as well.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I hope you have fun with it. Let me know when you want to sell it. :icon_thumright: Nice job, enjoy it!

Thanks fellas!

It was a lot harder finding the Kahler parts than i thought it would be and a lot more expensive than i imagined. Most of those 80s Kahler parts are no longer made and i had to rely on NOS stuff...i found a guy that works for Kahler and was able to hook me up with everything i needed, for a price :icon_puke_l:

If anybody has a toggle cavity plate or a potimeter cavity plate laying around, dont care what color, let me know, i would be willing to buy it from you... :icon_biggrin::biggrin_mini::icon_sunny:

That one is a rocker ! I would bet that you can have some fun with that Kahler set up.

It looks great and nice condition, good job getting this one together.

A Duncan distortion is interesting and the HRW should make for a good neck pu, I would think. Not too dark.

Right ON, Brent! Very cool, I love the red with black hardware and binding; not overdone, but SCREAMS the 80's, especially with that tremolo. It's neat that you had fun doing it, too, and for little cash. I'd leave the truss rod cover off; adds to the badass-ness (kinda like a Gibson BFG). I'm glad you enjoy soldering; I permanently retired my soldering iron after burning the crap out of my fingers a couple of times moving the tone control on a couple of my strats to the bridge position. OUCH!! :wacko_mini2:

A Chicago what? Was that a model or just a name given to it? Neat guitar, if just for the historic value. You're soldering is coming right along there, Mr. H.

i saw an AD one time, calling it the chicago rocker...i cant remember though?

I'm glad you enjoy soldering; I permanently retired my soldering iron after burning the crap out of my fingers a couple of times moving the tone control on a couple of my strats to the bridge position. OUCH!! :wacko_mini2:

i am really enjoying it man! i was so scared for so long to try it, now i love it!!!!

Nice work BR! I have a TRC for you if you'd still use it. PM your address & I'll toss it in an envelope - the #2 X 1/8" fasteners are for you to find...

Nice work BR! I have a TRC for you if you'd still use it. PM your address & I'll toss it in an envelope - the #2 X 1/8" fasteners are for you to find...

WOW Brent!! Never seen a Heritage with a locking nut on it..Cool..

Archived