Heritage Owners Club

Latest KBP810

KBP810 has created a special amp for me.

It began as a simple design using a single 12AX7 preamp and a single EL84 power stage.

But after I suggested an OD circuit, he went the extra mile.

Now there is a second preamp stage with another 12AX7 Preamp tube, the powertube was upgraded to a massive single KT88 power tube. This amp is a 23watt powerhouse. Two preamp gain controls, three tone controls, master volume, and standby switch. Output is 4, 8, & 16 ohm.

I was able to crank it last night and I was amazed at all the tones I got from this amp.

While I haven't the pleasure of testing many high end botique or mass production amps, I must say this is the finest amp I've ever played.

Thanks KBP810!

In the amp world, effort coupled with good components and an electronics background can go a long way! That was a quick turnaround on your build. You're a lucky Man! Congrats!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll be bringing home my snowball mic tonight to record some clips of it. I'm betting everyone will be pleased with the amp (despite my playing :icon_thumright: ) Its definately an amp in a class of its own!

what happened to the clips?

I'm just a madman with a box of parts and a soldering iron :wacko:

Glad to hear that you like it!

Too humble. Mad maybe, but very good at this creative stuff and amp building. You guys might want to pay attention to what Kbp810 is doing. You may find what you're looking for right here. He is building me a vintage Fender '63 style reverb that looks like the original (I have seen the pics), still waiting for the real thing. So far, he is way beyond expectations.

Well, thank you for the very kind words; and since the thread is now offically hijacked:

:hijacked:

Here's the Reverb Unit in question - it will be on it's way Monday morning :)

2011-01-13200228.jpg

How cool is that...? NRD for me soon. I can't wait Kpb810. You have done a fine job as long as the binding is not in the wrong place and the soldering is not through the wrong wires (sorry, wrong thread). It looks great, I can't wait to try it out with my '55 Fender Tweed Deluxe and my 535. Sounds like a match made in Heaven. Nice wet reverb for a warm amp. Well done.

2011-01-13200228.jpg

You're a Lucky Man NNB! I was fortunate enough to set this side by side with a Kendrick 1000 reverb unit (virtually identical to the early-sixties Fender 6G15). Both units have rich, lush reverb. Both were the same size However, the KBP810 unit outdid the Kendrick where it counts. Sonically the KBP810 was equal in the working range of the Kendrick; the difference here is that the KBP810 had a wider range to the settings - it's as if it went to 11! The KBP810 unit weighed less and the tweed tolex was aligned far better than the boutique unit from Tejas. I didn't Just like it. I ordered one!

You're a Lucky Man NNB! I was fortunate enough to set this side by side with a Kendrick 1000 reverb unit (virtually identical to the early-sixties Fender 6G15). Both units have rich, lush reverb. Both were the same size However, the KBP810 unit outdid the Kendrick where it counts. Sonically the KBP810 was equal in the working range of the Kendrick; the difference here is that the KBP810 had a wider range to the settings - it's as if it went to 11! The KBP810 unit weighed less and the tweed tolex was aligned far better than the boutique unit from Tejas. I didn't Just like it. I ordered one!

Right on... I am a lucky guy, thanks for noticing. Brian's work is amazing. I've always wanted an old Fender Tweed Deluxe with REAL reverb and Brian said, "I can do that", and he did. Awesome. I hope he sells a ton of them within the HOC as I know many folks have non-reverb amps and are probably, using digital reverb as an alternative. Get the real thing, it's worth it. Plus, it's beautiful. I can't believe how nice the cabinet turned out. :yahoo_mini:

Rock on KBP810 (a real American hero)

Right on... I am a lucky guy, thanks for noticing. Brian's work is amazing. I've always wanted an old Fender Tweed Deluxe with REAL reverb and Brian said, "I can do that", and he did. Awesome. I hope he sells a ton of them within the HOC as I know many folks have non-reverb amps and are probably, using digital reverb as an alternative. Get the real thing, it's worth it. Plus, it's beautiful. I can't believe how nice the cabinet turned out. :yahoo_mini:

Rock on KBP810 (a real American hero)

Wow, I'd love a reverb tank to go with my Blues Jr (it's a fine little amp but the reverb sucks). Probably too expensive for me, but I did send a PM to Brian. I'm VERY interested.

Wow, I'd love a reverb tank to go with my Blues Jr (it's a fine little amp but the reverb sucks). Probably too expensive for me, but I did send a PM to Brian. I'm VERY interested.

It's worth every penny of the 1,000,000.00 that I payed. Hope I didn't pay too much. It sure sounds like a million bucks.

Guest HRB853370

KBP810 has created a special amp for me.

It began as a simple design using a single 12AX7 preamp and a single EL84 power stage.

But after I suggested an OD circuit, he went the extra mile.

Now there is a second preamp stage with another 12AX7 Preamp tube, the powertube was upgraded to a massive single KT88 power tube. This amp is a 23watt powerhouse. Two preamp gain controls, three tone controls, master volume, and standby switch. Output is 4, 8, & 16 ohm.

I was able to crank it last night and I was amazed at all the tones I got from this amp.

While I haven't the pleasure of testing many high end botique or mass production amps, I must say this is the finest amp I've ever played.

Thanks KBP810!

Can we get a price list from him?

Can we get a price list from him?

Well for NoNameBand prices start at 1,000,000... special one time today only HOC member price, 50,025 easy payments of just 19.99!

I like to build as a hobby, so I don't really plan on compiling or posting a pricing list (and I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm trying to use the HOC as means of personal financial gain, because I most certainly am not!)

That being said, I do rather enjoy building amps and such; so if anyone is interested in having something built, I'd most certainly be interesting in entertaining the idea of just such a request.

Love handwired amps done right!! There's just something magical about them. :icon_thumright: Could you imagine a handwired/point to point Twin Reverb? Oh, my!!!

What I'd like is a Low Powered Tweed Twin, with half power switch. Now THAT would be a dream amp for me.

Well, thank you for the very kind words; and since the thread is now offically hijacked:

:hijacked:

Here's the Reverb Unit in question - it will be on it's way Monday morning :)

2011-01-13200228.jpg

Well folks, I officially received my new Kbp810 Vintage style reverb. All tube in a lacquered tweed cabinet that looks as good or better than any Fender reissue '63 Reverb unit (see picture). I will take more pics (for Fred) along with my 535 and '55 Fender Deluxe amp. Can't wait to hear it in about an hour after stopping to buy dog food on the way home. And for Koula, I have Elvis (11 yrs, Shitzu/poodle mix), Riley (6 yrs, Cocker Spaniel), Zorro (6 yrs, Tuxedo Cat), Sammy (2 yrs, Siamese mix) and Mashka (2 yrs, a fluffy grey cat).

post-2180-092261700 1295386833_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived