Heritage Owners Club

D-Style ODS 183 Build

kbp810

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had one minor setback.. turned it on for the first time and got nothing but a loud squeal :chok_mini:

Turns out the OT was just out of phase, just had to swap around the OT primaries and we have music!!! :dance_mini:

Thus far I've only had the master set to 1 and volume set to 2 and it's already shaking the whole house (and sounds absolutely wonderful!) :o

Tons of variation, and I feel like I haven't even played with every possible setting yet - 212MarvGuy is right, the versatility of tones is staggering

Now I just need to wait until spring, find an open field with a power plug nearby and really see what she can do :headbang:

Man, sounds like the mother of all amps you created! Can't wait to hear it, or play it for that matter!

Race ya! But keep in mind I work with Brian! :dance_mini::dance_mini:

You know at work everyones long since grown accustomed to me bringing an amp and a guitar into work with me... I might still raise an eyebrow or two if I roll in on Monday with a 100w half stack though ^_^

You know at work everyones long since grown accustomed to me bringing an amp and a guitar into work with me... I might still raise an eyebrow or two if I roll in on Monday with a 100w half stack though ^_^

Not if you bring it in through the loading docks! :icon_thumright:

I wonder why the amp suddenly smells like scotch and cigars???

Oh yeah... probably because it had a date with a pair of cabinets at Mr. Steiners house today :D

Had it going through 2 Soldano 4x12's... at about 6-7 everything in the house was rattling quite nicely - so much in fact, I actually kept thinking my phone was on vibrate and someone was trying to call me (phone was in my pocket!)

Oh yeah... probably because it had a date with a pair of cabinets at Mr. Steiners house today :D

Had it going through 2 Soldano 4x12's... at about 6-7 everything in the house was rattling quite nicely - so much in fact, I actually kept thinking my phone was on vibrate and someone was trying to call me (phone was in my pocket!)

Now that's an amp... You don't just hear an amp a great amp, you feel it!!!!

Did you keep a note of how much the components, etc, cost?

If my 5E3 turns out OK I may look to try something a bit more complex. That's if I ever get started on it... ;)

Oh Yea! That amp kicks!!! We were playing it LOUD and usually standing within a foot of the face of the cabs. The hollowbodies stayed in the other room for fear that they might shatter from the percussion. Both the 150 (humbuckers) and 137 (P-90s) sounded delicious!

You did marvelous with the build KBP810. It sounds as good as it looks! I wish I had your patience and talent.

I can't wait to get that amp outside so we can wake up the golf course and alter the flying abilities of birds :confused1:

One word - Success!

Oh Yea! That amp kicks!!! We were playing it LOUD and usually standing within a foot of the face of the cabs. The hollowbodies stayed in the other room for fear that they might shatter from the percussion. Both the 150 (humbuckers) and 137 (P-90s) sounded delicious!

You did marvelous with the build KBP810. It sounds as good as it looks! I wish I had your patience and talent.

I can't wait to get that amp outside so we can wake up the golf course and alter the flying abilities of birds :confused1:

One word - Success!

I was thinking he could alter the movement of the clouds!

That indeed looks to be a fine amp, and it has Steiners endorsement... so it must be great.

This months "Vintage Guitar" magazine has an article on Robben Fords 1982 Dumble OD Special, an amp with plenty of admirers .

In the afterglow of Sunday's events, I'm realizing that the most prominent feature of this amp is perhaps its touch sensitivity. I really had to think about what I was doing to get it right. I didn't realize this at the time; I was more concerned with dialing it in and then testing the waters to see what range it had around sweet spots. Thinking back, I rarely finished a full verse and chorus progression. It wasn't like I was pinched for time, KBP810 was very generous with his new creation. The amp is mostly a heavenly clean with just a touch of grizzle even with the master and pre set to 3:00. It's loud too. With two 4x12s screaming you could feel the bone marrow start to boil. Yet, at that volume we both stood close to the speakers without shrill or unpleasant sounds. It was as if the amp beckoned you to get closer. It's fun stuff. Every amp brings something to the table. Some bring more; like the latest KBP810!

Archived