Heritage Owners Club

Sound from the front VS side of cab

lilkuku

When I'm in front of my closed back 2x10 it's perfect, but off to one side or the other there is a dramatic loss of treble and it's very muffled (which when a mic is used it's not an issue). I'm just curious if it could be as simple as making the cab an open-back, or if anyone has another suggestion. I assume that's just the nature of speakers and cabs in general. Obviously while standing directly in front of the cab you get all of the sound, but if there is a way to get some more treble off to the sides, I'd appreciate the help.

Pat

I believe its the nature of the speaker. I've also noticed the same thing, plus when your a certain distance away from the speaker, it seems louder too.

+1. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

10th Mountain Divison? I was in the 101st....

Well, what's up my infantry brother! I was in from 87'-90 than recalled in 91' for Desert Storm (went back to Ft. Drum). I live a couple of hours from Ft Campbell. I like the cold though, so I went North.

Pat

some guy came up with a foam donut idea you stick on the front of the cab, to disperse the sound....that way it sounds more consistent in front & to the sides

can't find the link though, I think it was on TGP

you can make them yourself

Open the back up and the sound will much easier to hear. There will still be a loss of tone or the muffle you noticed before but mush less dramatic. I cannot her anything with a closed back unless I am right in front of the thing then I go def from too much sound so I only go through open backs now plus I like the tone much more too. I do find an open back 4x10 is easier to hear than an open back 2x12, not sure why but that is what I have noticed.

Archived