Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Cases

duaneallen

So what's the deal with Heritage cases. I have a 535 with its original case, and it moves around in the case quite a bit when I am carrying it. I recently got a used 575 and I was told that the case was original, although the Heritage logo is not on the outside of this case, and it really moves around in the case. Does anyone else here have these problems with Heritage cases? It seems like the case for my 575 could be a Gibson 175 size case, and the 575 is a little smaller, which accounts for the loose fit. I would like to get a new case for my 575, but I'm afraid that the new case is the same as what I already have. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

All my Heritage cases fit properly. The only one without a logo is tweed. Let me also say that I have seen Heritages in cases without the logo but...

With my brand new H535, the body of the guitar rocks side-to-side a little (rather than laying completely flat) because the area somewhere around the neck/body joint seems to be the first point of contact with the case.

Is this how it should be?

The PSPIII White H555 fits so snugly in it's case you have to be very careful before closing it up. Got to make sure it's seated all the way in, the tolerance is that tight. The Prospect is a perfect fit all around. In contrast, the case for the Millie NFH is actually about 1/8" to 1/4" too short. The strap button is actually in the way of it sitting comfortably in the case; it's broken the felt. Just to be clear here, it's not truly "Heritage" cases. Heritage doesn't make them - TKL does.

Now that I think about it.. when I had my 157 shipped to me, it arrived with a problem with the toggle switch. It had been broken in shipping because the case was so tight over the toggle switch that it was putting pressure on it.

It's not a bad idea to remove the cap on the toggle switch when shipping if the guitar fits tight in that area.

I just bought a new Prospect via mail order and it showed up in a Samick case. The Samick logo is clearly stamped on the case. The thing is, its a very high quality case, better than a Heritage case. And the guitar fits perfectly.

I have no idea what the story behind this is but I'm guessing that since the guitar was in the store for a couple years the original case was lost.

Main thing...I'm happy.

When cases get older and there is more tendency for the guitar to move about somewhat, I have always found some foam and cut it to shape, covering it with a soft cloth just to ensure the guitar sits well in the case and prevent movement. If a case is subject to heavy usage such as a guitar being gigged a lot and taken to rehearsals, it's bound to happen over the years.

Archived