Heritage Owners Club

Tone check

chico

Ok, my turn to step up. I like to jam along w/my favorites here in my home studio, and thought I'd share a bit of tone from my H155 that I was crankin out tonight. Full disclosure: I'm a hacker, so when you hear me fake my way through Rusty Anderson's solo you will have been warned :)

I'm playing straight into my board out of my Boss ME50, OD set on a mild setting, along with the band..

good old power G jammer.. Too Many People is attached. Yes, I know the main riff is played correctly by dropping that low E to D, but I just use the open D string.

here's the clip if you want to hear the whole thing without the interference lol

sheCameJam2.mp3

Excellent Chico! That sounds really good. Your 155 sit Real well in the groove of a truly exceptional song.

What is a h155?

[/quote Nice Job, Ray!! Keep 'em coming! DetroitBlues, an H-155 is a semi-hollow Les Paul-y looking thing, with no f holes. No mahogany, maple. Ebony board. Also known as a Millenium, or, as some around here call them "Millies," just so you'll know what they are referring to. They are also available in the same size, but as a double cut, with f holes. These are, of course, inferior to the ones previously mentioned. :laugh_mini:

Here's mine.

abbyguitar0111011.jpg

...And here are Tulk1, TalismanRich, and Chico with theirs. As you can see, they are available in several different shapes and f holes. They are all beautiful, and I love the sound of mine with it's Seth Lover pickups.

IMG_5279.jpg

here are the pics of the H155 I was playing, these are from when I bought it back in '08. It's a 'true' Millenium issue, born in 2000. Came w/silver HRWs (yes!) and silver Hdware, I since had Ren change out the tailpiece and bridge. This summer I think I'll take it over to Kzoo and have Ren replace the pots with ones that aren't so 'loose', I also could use the jack replaced it is one of those internal jacks that Heritage used on some models, and is wearing out. As for the pots, I don't like pots that are so sensitive to the touch, these are well used. Ren told me some players like that, he'd be happy to swap em out for me with someone's 'tighter' ones.

as for the tunage, I was attempting to hack away at solo #1 on the song, solo #2 goes to a key change up from G to A and into She Came In Through..

I just playem together, recording it, then edit, convert to mp3, and upload.

thanks for listening.. and I'll work on the singing.

post-179-0-37832100-1299341244_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-05134300-1299341275_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-09749000-1299341297_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-63946000-1299341337_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-50874700-1299341357_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-88919500-1299341371_thumb.jpg

...And here are Tulk1, TalismanRich, and Chico with theirs. As you can see, they are available in several different shapes and f holes. They are all beautiful, and I love the sound of mine with it's Seth Lover pickups.

IMG_5279.jpg

Looks like the color on TalismanRich's H155 most closely matches his legs.

Not sure how important this is.

Archived