Heritage Owners Club

NGD (Actually Wednesday)

lilkuku

aaaaahhhhhhhh :icon_thumright: Thanks Frank ( 602a ) for a great deal on a great guitar.

IMG_0009.jpgIMG_0010.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0017.jpg

Ok, I'm happy to say I didn't have to choose leaving my wife at the airport to play my new guitar. I called Fedex who gave me the driver's cell number. He had me meet him about ten minutes from the house around 9 that morning. He backed his van up to mine (lol, we both lifted the guitar into my van - Frank, it's right at 11lbs4oz) and he was on his way. He wouldn't even let me give him $10 for lunch. He's delivered quite a few guitars to me, so he new the state I was in.

The craftsmanship of this guitar is beyond impressive. I couldn't get the best part of the guitar to show up in the pics. It's the one piece mahogany back; very cool. Acoustically it's a perfect loud tonal animal. I love it when they are acoustically loud. However, when I plugged it in I couldn't get a good a sound that I liked. I didn't have a whole lot of time to play, but I was bummed. My amp can be hot, so I typically have to role off the volume to around 4 on my buddy's LP. This one lost too much treble and got left too much bass.

Well, for the last two day's I've been doing some experimenting. Finally, I put everything at 5 O'clock. My amp's knobs and the guitar's and went from there. I started on clean and found some great tones, then went to OD and again found some great tones. I played the heck out of her this morning and afternoon and had a big time. I just had to readjust my amp to this tone monster and all is good. I'm still going to get a RS wiring kit and change the pots, but even with out that, I found my sound I love to hear. Sorry for jumping the gun Frank before having taken the time to figure this puppy out.

She's even heavy sitting down!

Thanks again Frank

I'm now looking for a HSS Heritage. I've seen a couple of models, but any input would be appreciated

Congratulations on your new baby. It's beautiful. Rock on...

Joe's 150 had SD 59s in it. They were dark and he couldn't get good tone. He switched to the lowly Schallers and it is a much better sounding guitar now.

Here's one. Don't know anything about it except that it has been listed multiple times:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-1988-Heritage-H-162-Electric-Guitar-Ex-Condition-/330540213966?pt=Guitar&hash=item4cf5bb66ce

Thanks, saw this one. It's more of a shredder than I want. I saw in the gallery; Stat deluxe? I guess that's more of what I'm after.

High flying bird, I added a resistor to the neck pup plus zeroed in my amp with it and it's great now. I may replace the neck pup with a single coil humbucker down the road. I saw an actual staggered pole humbucker sized single coil, but can't find now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived