Heritage Owners Club

H-137 vs H-525 vs H-530

rcfs1834

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this might comparing apples and oranges.

But I wanted opinions and insights from people who have owned one of the guitars in topic title. I'm looking for a Heritage P90 machine and those look like the best bet. FYI - I play mostly Americana, Classic Country, and Rockabilly type stuff. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Any of those would be fine for your needs. The H-530 would give better upper fret access and probably be better suited to the jazzy side of things. I really like them except for their propensity for feedback. I've never played an H-525 but have heard lots of good things. I owned a sweet H-137 and would probably steer you in that direction. Lots of sweet tones, light, compact, and a smooth player. It will cover all the bases.

I figure I can't go wrong here...Man I just LOVE the burst colors Heritage gets on almost all of their instruments.

I spoke to Wolfe guitars and put myself on the list for a 525. I figure that's a safer bet than the 530.

Didn't Heritage do a few runs of the 535 loaded with P90s? Or is that just custom orders? I played a 535 once and while it had an amazing tone I don't know if it had that woody characteristic that I noticed on the 525...I have not gotten a chance to play man so I speak from minimal experience.

Thanks for the help guys!

Could of been a few special runs, most likely, they were custom orders. But as others said, you can put humbucker sized P90's in a 535.

I ordered the first Heritage 535 P90 guitar. At the time Heritage was making them as a production guitar. I have heard from the Heritage rep that most custom orders are now reserved until a customer special orders one. So I am sure Heritage will make you a 535 P90 but you probably will have to order it first.

Precious-2.jpg

How doest that 535 sound in comparison to a 525?

Completely different. The 535 P90 (which I played last year at PSP with Lyle) sounds more like a 150 with P90s or like a 535 with Phat cat pickups. The 525 sounds more like a hollow body (because the 525 is hollow) jazz box, bigger acoustic, and woody.

Guest HRB853370

How doest that 535 sound in comparison to a 525?

Completely different. The 535 P90 (which I played last year at PSP with Lyle) sounds more like a 150 with P90s or like a 535 with Phat cat pickups. The 525 sounds more like a hollow body (because the 525 is hollow) jazz box, bigger acoustic, and woody.

Agreed. 535's and 525's are a totally different sound. Semi hollow versus full hollow. Humbuckers versus P90's.

Guest HRB853370

Just throwing a spanner in the works ..

Don't discount a 535 or other Heritage model with Duncan P-Rails or Phat Cats installed

I have a 535, 576 and 170 all with P-Rails installed. They cover a lot of sonic territory, both individually and collectively

Haven't posted these pics in at least a week .... :icon_joker:

gallery_328_8_166161.jpg

gallery_328_8_41825.jpg

gallery_328_8_93493.jpg

Those are beautiful guitars Southpaw. Does the sound eminate from the left side of the amp when you play them?

Guest HRB853370

How would it not be?

Well, for starters, different brands. That would be like saying you played your Epi Dot so you know exactly how an H 535 sounds and plays. Different makes, and models.

How would it not be?

They are different dimensions, Gibby is thicker and slightly longer. The F holes are bigger on a Heritage. The two are similar but different.

Guest HRB853370

They are different dimensions, Gibby is thicker and slightly longer. The F holes are bigger on a Heritage. The two are similar but different.

Size of F holes determines the sound and overall tone.

Well, for starters, different brands. That would be like saying you played your Epi Dot so you know exactly how an H 535 sounds and plays. Different makes, and models.

Gibson ES330 made by the same guys who 13 years later started making the H530.... Does the headstock really make the difference between two P90 loaded thin hollow bodies that were made exactly the same way by the same people?

Did Heritage really make a lot of changes such as size of the F-holes and length from the ES330?

Gibson ES330 made by the same guys who 13 years later started making the H530.... Does the headstock really make the difference between two P90 loaded thin hollow bodies that were made exactly the same way by the same people?

Did Heritage really make a lot of changes such as size of the F-holes and length from the ES330?

Yes

Archived