Heritage Owners Club

150 GT in Super Eagle out!

zguitar71

Well RhoadsScholar and I made a deal. He sent me a H150 Gold Top with Lollar p-90's and a `76 Fender Champ and some cash and I sent him a Super Eagle. He is still waiting for his guitar to arrive due to a UPS delay so he's probably a little bummed out right now, it should have been there Friday.

Here are the photos:

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

I cannot believe the volume and tone of this guitar unplugged. It is a one piece back and neck. I have no idea of the weight (no scale in the house), I'm guessing in the 9 pound range. The first thing I did was set the guitar up with 11-50 strings but found that 10-46 strings sounded much better. I owned a Les Paul from `87-`94 which I traded for a `71 Jeep and blew the motor 2 days later. This guitar will not see such a fate, it is so superior to the LP I had, I just cannot describe it. I can hold the guitar by the head stock and tap the neck and it rings with an audible low pitched ring. Heritage really knows how to pick good woods. The amp is cool too, lots of vintage tone and I have added a Lovepedal Kalamazoo and a Fulltone Supatrem to my pedal board out of the proceeds from the Super Eagle.

Any one who gets the chance to deal with RhoadeScholar should do it. He was very honest to deal with and was nice enough to make a video of the guitar and amp together. I was a little nervous about trading but the combination of RhoadsScholar and this Forum really helped make trading possible. I would never trade with people on Craig's List or Ebay, ect... Having this Forum really made the deal come together in a comfortable way. So a big thanks to RhoadsScholar and this forum!

That is obviously a great looking goldtop. Nice color , great woods, and looks minty . It is complete with P-90 tone .

And I recently rediscovered my silverface VibroChamp, so I can relate to the vintage amp tone. On mine a Weber speaker made for a great sound.

Yeah, this deal worked great for both of us. I don't think either one of us would have done it if it wasn't for this forum. I am wanting to head in a Jazz/Blues direction and have always yearned for a Super Eagle. Actually, my favorite is the American Eagle but I never see any of those (maybe I can find that liberty bell tailpiece somewhere)... After serveral email threads, we both came to an agreement that was fair to both of us. Should be getting the Super Eagle tomorrow. In preparation, I bought a Hendricksen JAZZAMP, a Beta 12 speaker, and Several Jazz books to get me started. Can't wait to get it tomorrow... I really dug the 150 with the lollars. I am Glad Chris got the CHAMP as it is a match made in heaven with the P-90s. IT sounds almost botique. Especially on the Neck Pickup. What an awsome tone...

This forum is great. I have sold or traded 3 150's. I had a custom 170 chambered second edition (the first one) made by heritage with the HRW pickups in all gold. It is amazing. I have come to really love the HRWs as well as Gold Tops. If it wasn't for Chris's Golden Eagle coming up, I would have been fine with the H150-P90 setup.

I'll be sure to post picks when the Super Eagle Arrives....

Love this FORUM....

Got the guitar. Thanks Chris for taking the time to pack it well. This is the best guitar I have owned.

Glad I had something to do the trade with. This has the most amazing flame I have seen on a guitar.

A Big Ass Blonde is 'in the house'

Here are some pics

super eagle

BTW: I am also a fan of Ovation acoustics. I tell all my ovation friends about heritage, and all my heritage friends about ovation....

Archived