Heritage Owners Club

Incoming!

tsp17

I couldn't take it any more. Ran out of patience looking for the just right used chambered 150. Thanks to Jimmy Wallace Guitars and MartyGrass (for pointing me in the right direction) in about 2 weeks I'll be playing the guitar I've been searching for. will post pics on arrival.

I can't wait to see it.

Something about this one must have spoke to you.

I've had good luck buying guitars that did that.

And like mine, yours should be one that you really hang on to. Congrats on finding it.

I have a 150 LW. No compromise on the expectations of range of traditional LP tones (range primarily depending on pickup choice), yet the benefit of lighter weight. After experiencing the LW, I really cannot imagine ever wanting to put up with the extra weight again. I have had several 150s and there is no more difference in tone/sustain between the LW and the others than there was between any of the non weight relieved.

I look forward to pics of your new 150.

Thanks boys. Going to be a jazz- rock machine!

Do they install the pick guard at the factory or at the dealer? I'd rather receive it without so I can have the choice after I get a look at the top in person. It is being finished early next week.

Thanks boys. Going to be a jazz- rock machine!

Do they install the pick guard at the factory or at the dealer? I'd rather receive it without so I can have the choice after I get a look at the top in person. It is being finished early next week.

Not sure, but you might be best served contacting the dealer a/o factory and asking the pickguard be left off for that very reason. Better to ask now than when it gets there with the pickguard expertly mounted only to find out you want it without.

Yeah, i let Jimmy know via email regarding pick guard and string preference. I've never gotten factory new before, have always bought used... what do you guys do when you get a new one - pick guard or no pick guard? we've got some great luthier/repair shops here in San Diego who can install it expertly if i decide later to do it.

set up gets done at the shop, right? or do they do it at the factory?

drilling holes for fingerrest comes last in the assembly/production, I'd have your dealer make that call asap. not the end of the world if it is done, but I'm with ya, I'd be hesitant to get it if I were buying an ultra top. funny thing, once the deed is done i really kind of like the fingerrest. but, I could never have it done post-prod.

... what do you guys do when you get a new one -

"Just play the f***ing thing!"

Congrats! Bet it's a honey. My 150's are not at all heavy, but I can see where a lw would be terrific at a gig. Looking forward to photos....

I have a 150 LW. No compromise on the expectations of range of traditional LP tones (range primarily depending on pickup choice), yet the benefit of lighter weight. After experiencing the LW, I really cannot imagine ever wanting to put up with the extra weight again. I have had several 150s and there is no more difference in tone/sustain between the LW and the others than there was between any of the non weight relieved.

I look forward to pics of your new 150.

pcovers

it's reassuring to read this, as someday I'd like a LW 150. Others have said the same thing you did, about tone. Then the question becomes, does one get the Millie 155 or an H 150 LW -- because they're so similar.

"Just play the f***ing thing!"

Congrats! Bet it's a honey. My 150's are not at all heavy, but I can see where a lw would be terrific at a gig. Looking forward to photos....

He's back!! Once the teacher ......... always the teacher.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, it is a sad story....

waiting, waiting, waiting for my new baby,... talking to the dealer every few days...no news on shipping from Heritage....almost a month gone by...finally got THE CALL today...

nope, sorry Charlie...

According to Heritage- FedEx delivered my guitar to Musician's Friend by accident (how this happened one will never know since Heritage doesn't even sell through MF). Now it has to come back to Heritage, then to the dealer, then hopefully to me. I am guessing I've got another 3 weeks to wait. no fun. Especially knowing it has now bounced around for many of miles and many days in a hot truck for nothing.

Sheesh!

Guest HRB853370

Well guys, it is a sad story....

waiting, waiting, waiting for my new baby,... talking to the dealer every few days...no news on shipping from Heritage....almost a month gone by...finally got THE CALL today...

nope, sorry Charlie...

According to Heritage- FedEx delivered my guitar to Musician's Friend by accident (how this happened one will never know since Heritage doesn't even sell through MF). Now it has to come back to Heritage, then to the dealer, then hopefully to me. I am guessing I've got another 3 weeks to wait. no fun. Especially knowing it has now bounced around for many of miles and many days in a hot truck for nothing.

Sheesh!

Wait a minute! Is that why I got an email from MF stating they had a scratch n dent sale on a Heritage 150?

Wait a minute! Is that why I got an email from MF stating they had a scratch n dent sale on a Heritage 150?

This one was the LOL, not MG's.

MG- the dealer (Jimmy W.) actually played the Heritage rep voicemail for me over the phone, so i think it is the real deal this time. anyway i am getting my deposit back, and if/when the guitar shows up at the dealer, i'll revisit it if i have not found something else by then.

tsp

Archived