Heritage Owners Club

NGD - 150 in the UK

bobmeyrick

Not a typical Saturday - a leisurely drive up to the Peak District to collect the H-150 CM VSB I won on eBay! When I got home I set to work stripping and cleaning it - it hadn't been used for a while. GHS Guitar Gloss for the woodwork, lemon oil for the fingerboard and "Silvo" for the metal work. Restring with D'Addario XL 11-49s. Job done! It looks a lot better than it did in the eBay picture...

post-1813-0-68751900-1306005062_thumb.jpg

post-1813-0-76315800-1306005095_thumb.jpg

post-1813-0-17832300-1306005125_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Nottingham and Essex were next door neighbors!

It depends on your definition of "next door" - the distance between them is about 150 miles. Nottingham is pretty much in the middle of England (not the other end, H!).

It depends on your definition of "next door" - the distance between them is about 150 miles. Nottingham is pretty much in the middle of England (not the other end, H!).

Nottingham is 'the North', Essex is 'the Sarf' ;) I say that as a man who lived the first twenty years of his forty seven in Liverpool :)

great pictures all around....my camera is a pos or I'd post more

The best camera is the one you have with you. More or less any camera can take good photos if you work within its limitations.

Nottingham is 'the North', Essex is 'the Sarf' ;) I say that as a man who lived the first twenty years of his forty seven in Liverpool :)

If Nottingham is "the North", what does that make Yorkshire?? :laugh_mini:

The best camera is the one you have with you. More or less any camera can take good photos if you work within its limitations.

Here's one I took with my very basic mobile phone, a Sony Ericsson K10i.

post-1813-0-57497800-1306054909_thumb.jpg

KILLER!

More Heritages in the UK is a good thing, no doubt about it.

(I cannot tell you guys how jealous, genuinely jealous, I got when I scrolled past H's 150 with the HB-sized P90s. I WANT ONE!)

KILLER!

More Heritages in the UK is a good thing, no doubt about it.

(I cannot tell you guys how jealous, genuinely jealous, I got when I scrolled past H's 150 with the HB-sized P90s. I WANT ONE!)

Hey JJ, get yourself over to Colchester sometime and I'll let you play her for a while... :)

It's always nice to see another quality Heritage guitar in the land of Big Ben and Sherlock Holmes.

It's always nice to see another quality Heritage guitar in the land of Big Ben and Sherlock Holmes.

Nottingham & Essex were only next to each other in the court of Queen Elizabeth the first,in Tudor England .Lord Nottingham & the Earl of Essex were both courtiers at that court.It's ancient history,man ! :diablo_mini:

Peter Alton Green

You're forgetting Nottingham's local hero, Robin Hood!

400px-Robin-Hood.jpg

Heck, I drive that far to get groceries.

You're forgetting Nottingham's local hero, Robin Hood!

400px-Robin-Hood.jpg

Not allowed to forget Robin Hood.There's an airport bearing his name near me ,and a beautiful bay with the same name about 1 hour away,plus I visited Clumber Park as a kid & saw his Oak tree ! A six years old,I was Robin Hood !

Peter Alton Green ( a.k.a. Sir Guy of Gisbourne. ) :P

Not a typical Saturday - a leisurely drive up to the Peak District to collect the H-150 CM VSB I won on eBay! When I got home I set to work stripping and cleaning it - it hadn't been used for a while. GHS Guitar Gloss for the woodwork, lemon oil for the fingerboard and "Silvo" for the metal work. Restring with D'Addario XL 11-49s. Job done! It looks a lot better than it did in the eBay picture...

Looks a real beauty,congrats!

Archived