Heritage Owners Club

need a toggle switch for H150...parts sources?

bolero

hey my H150 toggle switch is broken, what replacement part would you recommend?

what parts do Heritage use?

ps it wasn't defective...sometime before I owned it it must have taken a nasty hit, as it now goes to the right as well as the normal vertical 3 pos :D

thx!

hey my H150 toggle switch is broken, what replacement part would you recommend?

what parts do Heritage use?

ps it wasn't defective...sometime before I owned it it must have taken a nasty hit, as it now goes to the right as well as the normal vertical 3 pos :D

thx!

Heritage uses switchcraft, you can get them at most parts retailers.

I'm not sure what supplier Heritage used, probably more than one over the years, I think you could use any standard LP type. Two suppliers come to mind, Mojo Tone and RS Guitarworks. The guys at RS also know Heritage applications I believe. Actually one more comes to mind, Marquis in California who also know Heritage apps. There is always all parts and Stew Mac as well.

Any decent music store should have SwitchCraft parts. It's probably better to buy locally to avoid shipping as they tend to run between $10.00 wholesale & $20.00 retail. The part you need for an H-150 is a Switchcraft "Short" 3-way Toggle Switch, Made in the USA.

I've mentioned this once before, and I think it bears bringing back up (wow, what a grammatical faux-pas!); If you look at the construction of the Switchcraft short switch compared to the Neutrik, the Switchcraft is an inferior product. Neither of them measure up to the original Switchcraft long toggle, but the Switchcraft short toggle is, unfortunately, a piece of junk. The drawback on the Neutrik is fixable; originally, they used a roll pin to run through the toggle itself, and for some reason (probably $$$), they switched to a straight pin, which works loose and slides over to one side, allowing your toggle to detatch from the frame. I just go to ace hardware and pick up the proper roll pin (I think it's about $0.32 or so), and pop out the straight pin, replacing it with the roll pin. It's a bit of a PITA, but worth it for longevity. The entire Switchcraft assembly, on the other hand, falls apart easily, is noisy, the contacts suck, and is good for a year or so at most under heavy use.

Not knocking Switchcraft, their long toggles are the best made, but they missed the boat on the short ones.

rooster.

I've mentioned this once before, and I think it bears bringing back up (wow, what a grammatical faux-pas!); If you look at the construction of the Switchcraft short switch compared to the Neutrik, the Switchcraft is an inferior product. Neither of them measure up to the original Switchcraft long toggle, but the Switchcraft short toggle is, unfortunately, a piece of junk. The drawback on the Neutrik is fixable; originally, they used a roll pin to run through the toggle itself, and for some reason (probably $$), they switched to a straight pin, which works loose and slides over to one side, allowing your toggle to detatch from the frame. I just go to ace hardware and pick up the proper roll pin (I think it's about $0.32 or so), and pop out the straight pin, replacing it with the roll pin. It's a bit of a PITA, but worth it for longevity. The entire Switchcraft assembly, on the other hand, falls apart easily, is noisy, the contacts suck, and is good for a year or so at most under heavy use.

Not knocking Switchcraft, their long toggles are the best made, but they missed the boat on the short ones.

rooster.

Say it ain't true...now I even have to worry about my toggle switchs?

Say it ain't true...now I even have to worry about my toggle switchs?

Only the short ones, not the old-style long ones. I haven't checked to see if the long ones fit in the cavity, though, they're pretty long. Personally, I just get the Neutrik ones, and if I feel the toggle loosening up, I put in the roll pin. Unfortunately, Switchcraft just fell short on the short switch. I'm normally a brand-loyal kinda guy, especially if it's Made in USA, but the construction of these switches just turned me off.

rooster.

Archived