Heritage Owners Club

'97 H-150cm?

kjfjeldheim

Hey all,

I am new to heritage and am thinking about purchasing '97 H-150 cm (Trans Black). I am leaving for the store at the moment to go test it out and see how it plays. It is being sold by Buffalo Bros. who I have had great experience with in the past and who I know to be reliable. The snag that I run into, however, is that " this particular example experienced a slight bit of trauma during a recent shipment which required that the neck be reset at the body." I want to see if this has effect tone or playability. The guitar has been previously outfitted with '59 Seymour Duncan buckers.

They are asking $1250 for this guitar and that seems a little steep given the damage that has sustained even with the new humbuckers. what do you guys think? Is it worth the cost?

post-5213-0-54502900-1311618570_thumb.png

First of all, welcome to the club. My opinion, with that repair, the price is a little steep. Check out some past sales on this site and e bay to get an idea of what the ballpark price range is. You may do well buying here from an established member. 150s come up pretty regular.

Guest HRB853370

I agree with Hfan. I have seen 97's going for around $950-$1000 with no repair damage. Perhaps you have some negotiation power to get the price down, assuming the repair job did not hinder the guitar's sound.

First of all, welcome to the club. My opinion, with that repair, the price is a little steep. Check out some past sales on this site and e bay to get an idea of what the ballpark price range is. You may do well buying here from an established member. 150s come up pretty regular.

I agree..that's a bit much for a "repaired" H-150..Hang onto your money..

too much. if its brand new, and the reset was factory done, then maybe a grand would be a decent deal.

Value is subjective. Was the repair done professionally? Could you tell it had been repaired? And did YOU think $1250 would be reasonable? If you truly liked that guitar, and the repair wasn't a chop job ........ just saying.

post-220-0-01853000-1311629625_thumb.jpg

If you hang around here for a bit you will see much better deals coming through. Buying a guitar here is a very safe transaction.

Buffalo Brothers is a really great guitar shop, but their prices are sometimes on the high side (plus CA sales tax if you are local). They do have a fantastic trade up policy- you can trade your Buf. Bros. purchased guitar up for one of higher value at any time as long as it is in reasonable condition. I have traded up through them a couple of times. it is a great deal. It is in an old egg farm barn with a giant chicken on the roof. pretty comical.

Buffalo Brothers is a really great guitar shop, but their prices are sometimes on the high side (plus CA sales tax if you are local). They do have a fantastic trade up policy- you can trade your Buf. Bros. purchased guitar up for one of higher value at any time as long as it is in reasonable condition. I have traded up through them a couple of times. it is a great deal. It is in an old egg farm barn with a giant chicken on the roof. pretty comical.

Yeah, I'll second that about Buffalo Brothers! Tim Page in particular is a great guy to deal with, and he's very likely to come down in price if you haggle with him, especially if you tell him that some of his G&L buddies sent ya......haha!

Got my 137 from Buffalo Bros a couple of years ago and just recently bought a nos G&L Legacy from them, got a very good deal on that one.

Another Legacy? You are a guitar slut nut, aren't you? I think you need another Larrivee` ............. :icon_thumright:

Another Legacy? You are a guitar slut nut, aren't you? I think you need another Larrivee` ............. :icon_thumright:

Yeah, like I needed another one. But this one is a real stunner, satin finish birds eye neck, brown shell guard, tobacco burst. The price was really good as it was nos from 2006 or so. Does it sound like I'm trying to justify another one to myself ? :icon_joker:

It's getting Dimarzio Injectors, yes they're pickups, courtesy of a very well known HOC member in Michigan.

As for a Larrivee, there are lots of lefties going for the new model so I might get lucky in a few months time.

Apologies to the OP for going a bit OT.

I didn't catch if the guitar is new with a warranty or sold "as-is". Clearly, if it is new w/warranty it would be worth more than an As-is GUITAR.

A shop with a great reputation, trade up policy and with a guitar that you had a chance to play first, (If the repair was done right and you can't see it) that might be worth some upcharge. What ever comes up on ebay or through a forum sale you should consider several unknowns like, having the chance the play it, lost or damaged in shipping, arrives different as described, neck and sound not to your liking and with doubious return policy.

All things considered, a store that is an authorized Heritage dealer does have value. $1250 is not too high if that 150 speaks to you. And if after the honeymoon you decide you want to upgrade to a custom 157 or 535 with specific color, neck. pups etc new from the 225 Parson Street you have a great jump start.

Got my 137 from Buffalo Bros a couple of years ago and just recently bought a nos G&L Legacy from them, got a very good deal on that one.

I've seen some sweet gits on their website..Almost pulled the trigger on a couple..(Damn Doctor Bills!!)

Archived