Heritage Owners Club

new tuner

Trouble

speaking of tuners, I'm thinking of getting those clip-on tuners, and taking the tuner off the mini pedal board, making room for something else.

http://www.amazon.com/Snark-SN1-SN-1-Tuner/dp/B003VWJ2K8

Most clip on tuners do a good job, they are picking up an uncolored frequency from the guitar ao they should and yeah would save you some room. If I remember right you had a Peterson you could sell it and buy like 10 of the Snark tuners!

The Snark is good for the price. Mine did break after a few months. One of the plastic retainer arms in the ball and socket joint snapped on me. Good as new with a wire tie though. For $12 though you could buy 3 or 4 and have a life time supply of tuners. It does have other features (extra controls on the back ) that I haven't explored yet. Think you can do drop tunings or adjust pitch. Honestly, after quitting guitar for so many years and then waking up in 2008 like Rip Van Winkle to find all these wonderful gadgets like tuners, I'm thrilled to have a tuner. Remember the days of pitch pipes, tuning forks and getting the keyboard player to hit a note to tune to and then hope that the other guit players and bassist where tuned somewhat close. And my natural ear for tuning was never the best.

I have several tuners besides which ever one is on my pedal board and I still check my tuning against the keyboard most of the time. Old habits I guess.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003VWJ2K8

Most clip on tuners do a good job, they are picking up an uncolored frequency from the guitar ao they should and yeah would save you some room. If I remember right you had a Peterson you could sell it and buy like 10 of the Snark tuners!

Great memory Trouble! I'm impressed! Yup, have already sold the Peterson! Great minds think alike!

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the Polytune for quite a while. I don't really use the Polytune mode much, but when I do it;s pretty accurate. I really like the strobe tuner emulation mode.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B003VWJ2K8

yup, have already sold the Peterson. But I've been thinking a lot about it and have decided to keep the little korg tuner on my mini pedalboard - i feel safe knowing it's always there and there won't ever be a battery that goes dead on it because it uses a different power source. but I think I'll buy 1 snark for the times I go to rehearsal without my pedal board.

I have a snark clip on tuner as well - it does a pretty good job

I'd evenutually like to snag a Peterson Strobe Tuner like the one Steiner has... it took me forever and a day to get the hang of tuning up with it, but once I did I quickly grew very found of the fine tuning job it can do.

I've had a Boss TU-12H for 20 years that still works great. I'm not sure which Peterson you guys are talking about, but I got the Peterson StroboFlip and I really like it. With the Boss I always had a difficult time getting my guitar intonated all the way up the neck but with some trial and error using the Peterson my Strat plays in tune all the way to the last fret on every string. The only issue I'm having is that if the guitar signal is running through the tuner to the amp, I get a faint high-pitched hum that is really annoying so I have to run it on battery in that situation. Also got a red Snark recently. No battery problem yet but I turn it off when I.m done tuning.

I've had a Boss TU-12H for 20 years that still works great. I'm not sure which Peterson you guys are talking about, but I got the Peterson StroboFlip and I really like it. With the Boss I always had a difficult time getting my guitar intonated all the way up the neck but with some trial and error using the Peterson my Strat plays in tune all the way to the last fret on every string. The only issue I'm having is that if the guitar signal is running through the tuner to the amp, I get a faint high-pitched hum that is really annoying so I have to run it on battery in that situation. Also got a red Snark recently. No battery problem yet but I turn it off when I.m done tuning.

I've been using a Boss TU-15EX for a couple of years now. Its been a fantastic tuner for intonation and setups for my strat. The accuracy is as good as it gets and it can register several octives. While I've been wanting a pedal tuner only because I want a pack and go pedal board. I'd like to keep my Boss around for setup and alternate tunings like open Gb for my cigar box guitars.

So far, I've only done four. But have pictures of just two. My 2nd was a Bass with a Piezo and the 3rd was one that had Gibson open Book headstock that I gave to KBP810 who threw it away some months later blaming in on a flood or his wife (yea, right :beee_mini:)

My first one

image001-4.jpg

My last one

IMG042.jpg

Archived