Heritage Owners Club

new tuner

Trouble

I don't remember where the product reveiw section was suppossed to be so if this isn't kosher one of the moderators can move this.

I trashed my old pedal tuner I had on my board about two weeks ago at a gig. I had read some reveiws on a few different tuners and decided to try the TC Electronics Polychromatic tuner. I've only had it for a couple days so I havent gotten to play with all the bells and whistles but I bought it to tune a guitar in a live setting, and for this it's great.

Im sure there are probably guys on here that already own one but if you play live this is worth checking out.

The quick run down is you strum all six strings and it will show which ones are sharp or flat, just mute the strings for a sec and pic the string you need to tune and it switches to chromatic mode with a very visable and easy to use display, when that string is tuned strumj all six strings again and it jumps back to poly mode and shows the out of tune strings again. The display automatically adjust to light conditions. The pitch can be adjusted from 435hz to445hz in 1 hz increments, and will also work with dropped tuning although poly mode still shows the readout for standard tuning.

There is also a 9v in and 9v out so you can daisy chain to another pedal.

Again if you you play live and need a tuner are you are not happy with the tuner you have try this one, super easy fast tuning.

I bought one when they first came out. I had problems with the polytune mode not tracking well on some of my guitars. Some would only display the low E, A, B and high E strings (the D & G were missing). Others would only display the A through B strings (both E strings gone). Also, there were differences between the polytune mode and the single string (or whatever they called it) mode: I'd tune with one, and the other would tell me I was out of tune. It was also slow to track which would drive me nuts. I'd make an adjustment to the tuning and it wouldn't show up right away, which would cause me to over adjust. I wanted to like it, but it just wasn't accurate enough for me. Maybe they have the kinks worked out now.

For me, I still love and use my TurboTuner.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

Is that maybe how far you can go before you get booted?

Isn't it just because you're "trouble"? :toothy12:

I'm trying to be good in my old age! :icon_thumright:

For me, I still love and use my TurboTuner.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

DItto on the TurboTuner. I bought the ST200 and really like it. The bass player gets to use my old QuikTune. I've also got one of the clip on tuners for my acoustic, but sometimes it doesn't register certain strings unless you get it clipped to the right spot.

DItto on the TurboTuner. I bought the ST200 and really like it. The bass player gets to use my old QuikTune. I've also got one of the clip on tuners for my acoustic, but sometimes it doesn't register certain strings unless you get it clipped to the right spot.

Some of the new clip on tuners work pretty well, I like a pedal tuner though for live applications. I'm always plugged in and can tune any time, and as long as the display is an LED type I can tune in the dark which is the norm for my band.

While I like the idea of the tuner like that, I think the Boss TU-2 or 3 is a great tuner because its more than just a tuner, its also a power supply for up to 10 pedals. Then again, looking at the price of the power supply and cables for the Boss pedal series, its a wash between the boss tuner and accessory power cables versus just buying another One Spot and any other tuner. At one point, you could get the Polytuner for $79....

I have the polytune tuner as well. While the polytune function has not performed as promised for me, it has worked great for tuning individual strings. Additional, the tru-bypass works very well.

speaking of tuners, I'm thinking of getting those clip-on tuners, and taking the tuner off the mini pedal board, making room for something else.

I have a snark clip on tuner as well - it does a pretty good job

I'd evenutually like to snag a Peterson Strobe Tuner like the one Steiner has... it took me forever and a day to get the hang of tuning up with it, but once I did I quickly grew very found of the fine tuning job it can do.

While I like the idea of the tuner like that, I think the Boss TU-2 or 3 is a great tuner because its more than just a tuner, its also a power supply for up to 10 pedals. Then again, looking at the price of the power supply and cables for the Boss pedal series, its a wash between the boss tuner and accessory power cables versus just buying another One Spot and any other tuner. At one point, you could get the Polytuner for $79....

I've used the TU-3 with great results,,

I have a snark clip on tuner as well - it does a pretty good job

I'd evenutually like to snag a Peterson Strobe Tuner like the one Steiner has... it took me forever and a day to get the hang of tuning up with it, but once I did I quickly grew very found of the fine tuning job it can do.

PM'd ya

The Snark is good for the price. Mine did break after a few months. One of the plastic retainer arms in the ball and socket joint snapped on me. Good as new with a wire tie though. For $12 though you could buy 3 or 4 and have a life time supply of tuners. It does have other features (extra controls on the back ) that I haven't explored yet. Think you can do drop tunings or adjust pitch. Honestly, after quitting guitar for so many years and then waking up in 2008 like Rip Van Winkle to find all these wonderful gadgets like tuners, I'm thrilled to have a tuner. Remember the days of pitch pipes, tuning forks and getting the keyboard player to hit a note to tune to and then hope that the other guit players and bassist where tuned somewhat close. And my natural ear for tuning was never the best.

+1 for Boss TU-2. I also like my Intellitouch clip on, but it is a little inconsistent. very convenient though. throw it in the case and always have an easy to read, works in noisy environment tuner. Just make sure to carry an extra battery.

I just gave my old Ibanez tuner to another in the office. It came with my Ibanez accoustic guitar several years ago. Works really well and I can hook it up through guitar cables. My main tuner is a Boss TU-12EX, I like that one because it works really well when innotating my guitars. When I get another acoustic, I may add a Snark. We'll see though!

Archived