Heritage Owners Club

Epi Valve Jr.

I had one of these, modded with the Mercury mods plus a couple. It was the most fun I ever had for the money. Thanks for the tip DBlues!

If anyone has thought about buying one of these amps, Guitar Center is selling their EVJ's for less than $100 for the head and $109 for a combo. Pretty cheap for valve amp, I know Koula is a big fan of these amps.

Not sure I would recommend the combo as it may have a small speaker and sound buzzy if you're into high gain. Would recommend the 12" cab, and the head.

Not sure I would recommend the combo as it may have a small speaker and sound buzzy if you're into high gain. Would recommend the 12" cab, and the head.

Buzzes and combos are fun; I always enjoy a little head.

Sorry Koula910 but if you're going to shoot me straight lines all day...

If GC has one in stock, I'm buying it tomorrow! They have a coupon for Epi goods for 15% off! Oh yea! 5w tube head for $75? Plus its easy to modifiy. Hopefully, the Mrs. Detroit Blues won't notice a small amp added to the mix.

good on ya! I don't think you'll regret it.

Look at the GC site. They all seem to be listed for retail. What am I missing? Not that I want one. But I like to look.

They have it listed in they're monthly catalog they send out. I couldn't find it on line either, but I have their catalog to push the issue with them. They typically have the latest catalog on the table when you walk in.

those are good little amps, on youtube a cool guy from long & mcquade ( pat furlan ) has posted a lot of mod ideas to improve them even more, he knows his stuff & includes some great demos of the various chnages

those are good little amps, on youtube a cool guy from long & mcquade ( pat furlan ) has posted a lot of mod ideas to improve them even more, he knows his stuff & includes some great demos of the various chnages

Went to buy one, very few stores have them in stock. They must be getting rid of them to make room for something else...

My idea was to remove the chasis, modify it and make a combo out of it with KBP810's help.... :music_mini2:

that sounds intersting . . . can't wait to hear the follow up! Although, that amp sounds pretty good on it's own, with a few good pedals.

Guest HRB853370

If anyone has thought about buying one of these amps, Guitar Center is selling their EVJ's for less than $100 for the head and $109 for a combo. Pretty cheap for valve amp, I know Koula is a big fan of these amps.

They are secretly built by KBP810 and branded as Epi's!!

I bought one (head) several years ago for $100 at GC and AFAIC is was a total waste of money. The only use it's seen since I bought it, is as a doorstop. I really don't understand what folks see in this amp.

People who buy the amp do it for the fact the amp is easy to modify and become an amp worth playing.

I bought one (head) several years ago for $100 at GC and AFAIC is was a total waste of money. The only use it's seen since I bought it, is as a doorstop. I really don't understand what folks see in this amp.

Took mine back, too. Didn't really want to get into the amp mod thing. Funny thing, tho'. One of the players around town (the band just won "Best Band" in KC, for what thats worth) uses the Epi Jr 1x12 cab. Says it's a phenomenal cab for the money. Tossed the cheap speaker, of course. But apparently the cab is a good buy.

Archived