Heritage Owners Club

a little Henry Johnson Heritage Jazz

heritagefan7

Yea, I posted this video a while ago (thanks for uploading it again, really!!!)

HJ is an INCREDIBLE talent. If you want his best CD get "Henry Johnson, An Evening at Sea"!!!!!

HJ is an INCREDIBLE talent. If you want his best CD get "Henry Johnson, An Evening at Sea"!!!!!

Thanks Kuz...this is great stuff---thanks for the CD info...wish I could play like this---the HJ is a big guitar--and beautiful---I always love your 525 too! you have a GREAT collection.

Thanks Kuz...this is great stuff---thanks for the CD info...wish I could play like this---the HJ is a big guitar--and beautiful---I always love your 525 too! you have a GREAT collection.

Thanks. But of all my Heritages, the 525 gets played the least. It still gets played, but it is a " 'tweener guitar". Not quite a full jazz box (like the Golden Eagles or the 575) and not quite a semi-hallow (like the 535 & 555). Thing is.... it can do jazz and it can do blues. It's just that when I am practicing/playing jazz, I go for the "jazz Heritages" and when I play blues/fusion, I go for the "semi Heritages".

But be rest assured, I don't see it leaving the stable anytime soon!!!

Thanks. But of all my Heritages, the 525 gets played the least. It still gets played, but it is a " 'tweener guitar". Not quite a full jazz box (like the Golden Eagles or the 575) and not quite a semi-hallow (like the 535 & 555). Thing is.... it can do jazz and it can do blues. It's just that when I am practicing/playing jazz, I go for the "jazz Heritages" and when I play blues/fusion, I go for the "semi Heritages".

But be rest assured, I don't see it leaving the stable anytime soon!!!

If it were mine, it wouldn't leave the stable either. what are your thoughts on an Eagle or 550 p90. I've asked in another thread as well. You've got a stable to pick from--any experience w/ a p90 jazz-box? I think MartyGrass just posted some pick of this idea & they are totally awesome. I'd Love your thoughts. Thx.

If it were mine, it wouldn't leave the stable either. what are your thoughts on an Eagle or 550 p90. I've asked in another thread as well. You've got a stable to pick from--any experience w/ a p90 jazz-box? I think MartyGrass just posted some pick of this idea & they are totally awesome. I'd Love your thoughts. Thx.

Yoslate has a Super Eagle with P-90s that is just incredible. I played it a couple years ago. Then, of course, there is Mark's incredible Eagle P-90.

The difference in a 550 P-90 is that the 550 has a laminate top (I am fairly certain) thus would sound a little more like a bigger 525. Plus the 550 is a long scale guitar so that is different from the short scale 525. The 550 P-90 would be considerable less money than a Golden Eagle with P-90s. If I had to choose, and could only have one large jazz box archtop, I think I would want one with a humbucker. Then I think I would like a smaller guitar (like a 525) with P-90s. But the Lollar's P-90s are so BIG & PHAT sounding, man I don't know... an Eagle or a 550 with P-90s would sound incredible. I think it is just a matter of taste, and of course, a matter of money!!!

I just got done re-dialing in the 525, and I am in love again. Then again, my favorite Heritage is always the last one I played!!!!

Yoslate has a Super Eagle with P-90s that is just incredible. I played it a couple years ago. Then, of course, there is Mark's incredible Eagle P-90.

The difference in a 550 P-90 is that the 550 has a laminate top (I am fairly certain) thus would sound a little more like a bigger 525. Plus the 550 is a long scale guitar so that is different from the short scale 525. The 550 P-90 would be considerable less money than a Golden Eagle with P-90s. If I had to choose, and could only have one large jazz box archtop, I think I would want one with a humbucker. Then I think I would like a smaller guitar (like a 525) with P-90s. But the Lollar's P-90s are so BIG & PHAT sounding, man I don't know... an Eagle or a 550 with P-90s would sound incredible. I think it is just a matter of taste, and of course, a matter of money!!!

I just got done re-dialing in the 525, and I am in love again. Then again, my favorite Heritage is always the last one I played!!!!

Kuz, you've gone beyond the call of duty--thanks so very much. Maybe I'll just have to be a little patient and try to give each a shot. I feel the same way when I play---almost like I can't wai to play another even before I put the first away....great issue to have--I am blessed and thankful! thx again for the time and thoughts!

Cool clip. Does his guitar have Schallers maybe? The pu rings have the extra adjusting screws. Looks like he is using an old Super Reverb. Makes me want to pursue more Jazz stuff.

Anyone else notice the size of the neck on the bass guitar?

Cool clip. Does his guitar have Schallers maybe? The pu rings have the extra adjusting screws. Looks like he is using an old Super Reverb. Makes me want to pursue more Jazz stuff.

Anyone else notice the size of the neck on the bass guitar?

Henry dropped his contract with bendetto pickups for HRWs. SO he is playing his signature Heritages with HRWs.

My 525 remains my number one Heritage. Of course I don't have near the collection that you do!

P90 jazz boxes sound killer. You will have to deal with noise issues from time to time though so be prepared!

My 525 remains my number one Heritage. Of course I don't have near the collection that you do!

The 525 is #1 over your GE Thinline??? Wow, I am really jonesing for am Eagle Thinline, but something else would have to go. What do like about the 525 over the GE Thinline?

P90 jazz boxes sound killer. You will have to deal with noise issues from time to time though so be prepared!

Thx Jazz....will have to work w/ the noise as I've always played humbuckers and have not owned a hollow body before. I get very little feedback from my 574. Like the 550 and the Eagle idea, but want the p90s. Custom order or 525...OSB or ASB are prob more realistic in terms of price & turn around time--I'm guessing???...so many choices--gotta love Heritage!

The 525 is #1 over your GE Thinline??? Wow, I am really jonesing for am Eagle Thinline, but something else would have to go. What do like about the 525 over the GE Thinline?

The Eagle thinline is killer and admittedly sounds better than the 525 but I've found that I prefer the 16" body and shorter scale length of the 525. The 525 just fits like a glove if that makes any sense?

I've really been wrestling with hanging on to the Eagle or letting it go (Same dilemma my uncle went through during the months it took me to talk him out of it lol. Body was just too big for him though). I am however contemplating a custom Eagle with a 16" body, 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" depth and 25" scale and a nice fat neck.

Kind of like Vince's custom Sweet 16 (which looks like a smaller Eagle to me!). Can't tell you how many times I've watched these clips and drooled over that guitar. I think 400 of the views are from me lol.

It's been frustrating trying to find the perfect for me guitars but I am getting closer and learning what I like through each experience. I really envy guys who can easily adapt to a wide array of body types and neck carves. Must make life so much easier!

The Eagle thinline is killer and admittedly sounds better than the 525 but I've found that I prefer the 16" body and shorter scale length of the 525. The 525 just fits like a glove if that makes any sense?

I've really been wrestling with hanging on to the Eagle or letting it go (Same dilemma my uncle went through during the months it took me to talk him out of it lol. Body was just too big for him though). I am however contemplating a custom Eagle with a 16" body, 2 1/2" or 2 3/4" depth and 25" scale and a nice fat neck. Kind of like Vince's custom Sweet 16 (which looks like a smaller Eagle to me!).

It's been frustrating trying to find the perfect for me guitars but I am getting closer and learning what I like through each experience!

Same here on the learning what I like...although honestly, it changes w/ the day and the mood---i play my gibby studio LP most b/c it's the most rough and tumble and lives in the stand. I prob play the 555 least but can't imagine life w/o it. I want to add w/o letting anything go---but if the 535 dream ends up not working, I'll offer the opp to folks here and know she'll go to a great home and shoot for the 550 thin--or maybe vice versa...either way, again---what a blessing! ALSO--love your 525, is it a cherryburst/sunsetburst....or some custom color?--in any case it's beautiful.

Thx Jazz....will have to work w/ the noise as I've always played humbuckers and have not owned a hollow body before. I get very little feedback from my 574. Like the 550 and the Eagle idea, but want the p90s. Custom order or 525...OSB or ASB are prob more realistic in terms of price & turn around time--I'm guessing???...so many choices--gotta love Heritage!

I haven't had any feedback issues with the 525 but recently I had my first really heinous bout with P90 noise at a rehearsal (must've been the wiring in the room or something). I had to engage both picks ups in order to cancel the noise but it ruined the 'neck only pup' tone I prefer out of the 525. I've even been contemplating trying a noiseless option from Kinman or Fralin thought the Lollar's sound so good.

Same here on the learning what I like...although honestly, it changes w/ the day and the mood---i play my gibby studio LP most b/c it's the most rough and tumble and lives in the stand. I prob play the 555 least but can't imagine life w/o it. I want to add w/o letting anything go---but if the 535 dream ends up not working, I'll offer the opp to folks here and know she'll go to a great home and shoot for the 550 thin--or maybe vice versa...either way, again---what a blessing! ALSO--love your 525, is it a cherryburst/sunsetburst....or some custom color?--in any case it's beautiful.

Thanks! It's actually dark almondburst but the cheap camera I took the picture with really boosted the reds and oranges. Looks cool though so I haven't changed the pic lol.

Thanks! It's actually dark almondburst but the cheap camera I took the picture with really boosted the reds and oranges. Looks cool though so I haven't changed the pic lol.

OK, now I'm considering dark almond burst!---ahhh...more to add to my plate! I'll ask the good Heritage folks to match your picture if I ever get the cash to custom order! (did you copyright that color or is it avail to the gen public--I'm willing to give kickbacks if necessary)

Hi, Kuz! Is your 575 Antique Natural or Amber translucent? Would like my H-550 to look just like this. Thanks!- Charley Bevell

Hi, Kuz! Is your 575 Antique Natural or Amber translucent? Would like my H-550 to look just like this. Thanks!- Charley Bevell

Actually, it is "Golden Amber".

Archived