Heritage Owners Club

Heritage VIP 1 basket case

brentrocks

I picked up a 1986 VIP 1 from a dude in Kansas. It arrived yesterday and it was a MESS!!!

Pots were shot, jack was shot, one of the mini toggles were broke, neck pitch was off, body was scuffed and scratched to beat hell....

So....I took it all apart, buffed out the body with some light rubbing compund and wax. Then i replaced the jack, pots and a mini toggle, re-shimmed the neck and reset the action. Adjusted the truss rod. I also replaced the Schaller with a SD Custom Custom!

It rocks pretty good now!!! I'm just waiting for a whammy bar.

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

Guest HRB853370

Fleabay Brent? You should use their buyer protection if the seller was dishonest! Of course if you already disassembled it that protection is no longer available.

Fleabay Brent? You should use their buyer protection if the seller was dishonest! Of course if you already disassembled it that protection is no longer available.

Oh no...i knew it was trashed going in....i negotiated a good price....when its all said and done i will have only $400 into it

Where do you find these things, Brent? That's a pretty cool "Kramer-ish" single pickup guitar. So, it splits the humbucker? Is that what VIP1 did?

the one mini splits the bucker....the other one is susposted to be a kill switch, but i think i wired it wrong? now it acts as a phase out, i think?

Fun project.. your pic make it look like it's had a headstock break! But hey I know where you can get a new heritage neck!! it's attached to a kramer pacer copy.

it did have a headstock repair, but it was just a crack not a clean break

Archived