Heritage Owners Club

The HOC: why shop anywhere else?

GASguy

I just received the beautiful H576 that John C. put up for sale, fresh pictures to follow, and I was thinking about how comfortable I have become making guitar transactions with HOC members (meaning buying, I have yet to sell or trade a guitar in my life).

I purchased my first HOC Heritage from Golferwave, two from MartyGrass, and now the 576.

While I might window shop other sources, I have a comfort level buying from HOC members that could never be duplicated in an eBay, Craigslist, etc. transaction.

So I would like to thank Golferwave, MartyGrass and John Covach for the good transactions, but mostly I want to express my gratitude for the type of online community the HOC represents, a place where there are many individuals that I would feel comfortable doing business with, and a place I am glad to have found.

Ron

I've certainly bought quite a few over the last couple of years and don't have a complaint. Maybe that shouldn't be too surprising. Only a certain sort of person would join the HOC, not the sort of person who wants to make a quick buck and split.

I'm really more comfortable buying from this site than from an online store. It's the next best thing to having the guitar in your hands when purchasing.

Beautiful guitar Gasguy, congrats.

I've had the same thoughts about this site. Bunch of good people to deal with. I've only bought one guitar on e bay (other than from a dealer) and the seller turned out to be golferwave. This was before I joined or even heard of the HOC.

Gorgeous guitar, congratulations! I, too, have had great luck and comfort in buying from HOC members BrentRocks, MartyGrass (twice), Shook94, and a guy who isn't in the HOC, but did Heritage's website makeover a while back. I met him, and the guitar I eventually bought, at the Barn at PSPIII, so I think that pretty much counts!

I've certainly bought quite a few over the last couple of years and don't have a complaint. Maybe that shouldn't be too surprising. Only a certain sort of person would join the HOC, not the sort of person who wants to make a quick buck and split.

I'm really more comfortable buying from this site than from an online store. It's the next best thing to having the guitar in your hands when purchasing.

I agree. I would have no apprehension buying from this group's core people.

Gas...just gorgeous! Like to hear what you think. My first Heritage was a 576, which I still have. It plays and sounds wonderfully! Can't go wrong, buying one from John's stable!

Thanks Yoslate

To me, the 576 sounds huge, open and resonant, with very good sustain.

For initial comparisons I used my 575 gold top with HRWs and my 23rd Anniversary H535 with Seth Lovers. The 576 has a SD Jazz in the neck and a Seth in the bridge, a nice sounding combination that seems much more versatile than I had initially anticipated. There are other differences in the models besides the construction and pups, the 575 has flat wound 12s, the 576 and 535 have round wound 11s.

As you might expect the 576 falls somewhere in between the 535 and 575 but is still very different from both in tonal response and sustain. The 576 has more sustain and a more focused and brighter tone than my 575, while the 576 has less sustain but a more open and resonant tone compared to the 535.

I think the 576 with the “floating” center block is a great guitar for someone who likes both hollow bodies and semi hollow guitars, as it seems to bridge the gap between the two construction styles tonally, falling midway between these two different types of guitar construction.

I LOVE it already, and yes, it is gorgeous.

Archived