Heritage Owners Club

Single channel amp. Clean only. ?

JeffB

I have an 80's Fender Concert II that seems to work well for me.

I only use the clean channel which has :

Volume(p/p bright which I never use), treble and bass.

Other global/master controls I use are reverb and presence.

It has an fx loop which I use, though this amp doesnt break up even at nearly max volume so I can easily use delays and reverb in front.

There are 6 controls I dont use. They are for the 2nd(gain) channel.

I use stomps with this amp to generate od/distortion sounds and the amp takes all stomps really well.

What amp is there that just has Vol, treble, bass and presence and about 60w and is a head?

Is there a kit amp that comes close to what Im looking for?

Just looking for a head not combo.

I could do with out the reverb and fx loop. Prefer to have them though, particularly a tube driven reverb.

I think the Rivera Concert is more similar to the Bassman than Blackface.

Any ideas?

Thanks

By the way, the Fender Concert II was designed by Rivera which may explain why you are thinking about one.

sorry DB Im not understanding your post? I already have the Concert II?

:)

I live in Australia. Amp freight is not so cheap.

Im trying to map out the clean channel circuit and then see if its easy for me to replicate at a cost that makes it worth it.

Tully, since you already love your amp's sound, have you considered looking for a beat up old Concert II that you could have converted into a head?

Like you, I mostly use channel 1 of my Concert and let pedals do all of the effects stuff. I don't know what options you have being 'down under', but I'd bet there are some custom builders in your area.

sorry DB Im not understanding your post? I already have the Concert II?

:)

I live in Australia. Amp freight is not so cheap.

Im trying to map out the clean channel circuit and then see if its easy for me to replicate at a cost that makes it worth it.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were looking for a new amp to buy, not make. I was pointing out that Rivera designed the Fender Concert II back in the 80's.

Archived