Heritage Owners Club

Anyone use one of these stands?

barrymclark

One word of caution is that if you have an amp that is a model with known overheating issues, having it tilted back may make those worse.

I have an amp stand that puts the amp about a foot and a half off the ground. I use it for smaller combos but not my beastly marshall TSL122, which is close to the weight limit of the stand.

Guest HRB853370

Standback, "Made In USA", has served me well for a couple years now (30-50 lb combos), maintains tone, folds & stores in my gig backpack

The problem I have with that one is the amp is still pretty much on the floor. I like the onstage as the amp is about 3 feet off the floor for better dispersion of sound and easier access to the controls.

I just ordered one of these (my second one as I loved the first one so much). Not sure if they are made in USA, but they hold 152 lbs of weight and are built like a tank. On sale right now at Sweetwater!

http://www.sweetwate.../detail/AmpStd/

I've got three of those myself, I find them very effective with closed cabs but with open back combo's they do lose a lot of the low end.

One word of caution is that if you have an amp that is a model with known overheating issues, having it tilted back may make those worse.

New one for me. Less heat disapation due to the slant of the top? Makes sense I guess.

I remember wishing I had a stand at PSP.

Standbacks are no longer made in the US. So... the search continues.

disappointing news (both my Cannondales are US-made, now no major bike makers in the U.S.) - what's your source? - their website still claims they are...

disappointing news (both my Cannondales are US-made, now no major bike makers in the U.S.) - what's your source? - their website still claims they are...

I sent in a question asking about their manufacturing. I might be able to get one made in the U.S. now... but as time goes, you won't be able to. See below from Standback's response.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the email about the Standback -

For years the Standback was made in the U.S., but unfortunately not anymore

(we do have some U.S. made ones still in stock).

Hopefully in the future we will make them here again - we have kept the

mould and other tooling here on hand.

Best regards,

Jason Robling

Standback AmpStands

www.standback.net

301-524-9939

I sent in a question asking about their manufacturing. I might be able to get one made in the U.S. now... but as time goes, you won't be able to. See below from Standback's response.

xlnt info. thanks, Barry...

note to all: getting your speaker cab/combo off the floor changes the tone, esp. lows. that may be what you want...jus' sayin'

xlnt info. thanks, Barry...

note to all: getting your speaker cab/combo off the floor changes the tone, esp. lows. that may be what you want...jus' sayin'

It would depend on the place for me. Some places have a stage that rumbles like mad, then I might want it off the floor.

Archived